Best Looking: Jaguar Game?

Started by zapiy, September 18, 2016, 17:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Now I know this is a subjective question but what do you feel is the best looking Jag game.

For me Rayman has to be considered, My knowledge is not as vast as many of you lot so I look forward to your opinions.. remember this is not what game is the most technically advanced or the game that pushes the system hardest.. Just a simple best looking game?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Those are the two games that come to mind for me too. I also really like the look of Protector.

TrekMD

Rayman is definitely one of the best looking 2D games on the console.  Other games that come to mind for me are Hyper Force, and Zool 2.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

If CD games qualify, for me it has to be Battlemorph. I know it's a little blocky but as the shapes of hills, mountains, bridges and enemies come into view, I think it's really something to behold :)
Rayman is another that's leaps and bounds above most for the system.

AmigaJay

Yeah 3D games don't age well in any era, The best being Aliens vs predator in that regard.
Though for me Rayman as well, I also love the art of Powerdrive, so much better than the other versions!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Yeah Powerdrive is a great game for the Jag... Certainly looks great.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Interesting question and like others, Rayman is visually stunning. As an alternative, I might go with Tempest 2000 because it has depth, meltovision and all that. I mean, I know it is a lot of the same but it is very pleasing on the eye, I never get bored of it.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks