New Atari Jaguar Homebrew - Neon Invaders

Started by TrekMD, September 16, 2016, 22:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Age member Jeffrey_Bones  (Wave 1 Games) has announced a new game to be released for the Atari Jaguar with the title Neon Centipedez

Here is the latest update posted by Jeffrey_Bones:

* Shooting for a Christmas 2016 release
* The game will be a Centipede clone for the Jaguar with a very different style of neon graphics.
* It will be a CARTRIDGE RELEASE, however a Jaguar CD release is also being considered. (this will depend on size of either 2MB or 4MB) We are leaning towards cartridge only
* This will be a full release with box and instructions.
* There are currently 2 people working on the project me as the main coder and an art director and graphic design major.
* The first 20 copies will roll out at $79.99 in early December. after that there will be additional runs of 20 per demand
* We have more than 1 source to do the PCB boards (One of them is well known in the Jaguar scene now)
* We are considering doing the cartridge shells in different neon colors such as bright (XBOX like) green, pink, purple and electric blue This will be achieved through using a 3D printer

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Cool! I love Centipede and the neon look sounds great.

TrekMD

Yes, I like the idea of neon in the game and the carts!  :)

zapiy

Looks awesome. Jag is getting some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

rush6432

You can find them cheaper for what albert will sell them for probably as New old stock shells. He probably got the molds for a hefty price and needs to make back what he spent.

Currently you can get them for like 5 a piece roughly (just a guess here as i havnt seen recent pricing)

any more than this for a standard cart shell and its a rip off. Considering you can 3d print these yourself if someone puts an original into something like a makerbot and just replicates. But to each their own.

TrekMD

Not sure that would work since they want to make them in neon colors also.  I don't know that Al can make them in those colors. 

zapiy

Yeah would be interesting to see what route they take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

wave1games

So this project has been scrapped and re-worked into a ROTARY version of Space Invaders. It is called Neon Invaders and will be ready to be shown soon here on RVG. It will also have a feature that lets you select and take control of the 3 shields. You can then either ram the shields into the invaders or reposition them as you see fit on screen. Controlling the shields works by pressing one of the number keys for the designated shield you wish to control. A rotary controller is optional for this game and not a requirement but it is a nice feature and a first for a WAVE 1 GAMES release. I look forward to showing a nice video trailer of the game in the near future but in the meantime I will tease with an image of the controller overlay!

Can the admins change the name of this thread to Neon Invaders please?

Thanks

TrekMD

Ah, I didn't realize you'd made the change from one game to the other.  Cool.  I've changed the name on the first post.

zapiy