Play Expo - Manchester

Started by psj3809, August 30, 2016, 14:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psj3809

Should be good as always....

http://www.playexpomanchester.com/

Oct 8th, 9th

Only seems like yesterday !

Yeah its huge, yeah some people probably dont like huge events like this but its amazing how much there is there. I tend to spend most of my time walking round slowly chatting to people. Should do more gaming there ! Tons of arcade machines, tons of different computers/consoles etc

Probably just go for the day (despite being very close to Manchester) due to family etc.

Be good to meet up with a few people

zapiy

Sadly these events are just to far for me..

They need to do one in Birmingham.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Quote from: zapiy on August 30, 2016, 20:00:58 PM

That would be EGX! ;-)
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Yup, but that's mainly modern gaming.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Yeah true but they do have the retro area for gaming and hanging out, I was there last year, not going this year though.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Greyfox

At least you guys get shows like this..all we get is fisherman's friend get together over here, load od sh*te...

zapiy

psj3809

Eh ? Where are you based then ?

Come on people its the UK, easy to get a train (or cheap flight) for these one off events ;) I know a lot of people drive up from the south coast, worth seeing who you know and get a lift ?

zapiy

It's not just that pal, home life stops me coming all that way otherwise it would not be a problem. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psj3809

Shame fella.

Over the year i must admit i look after the kids a fair few times so my wife can go out with her friends etc and then when it comes to October i 'bank' in those for my geek weekend at Play expo. Saying that i normally go for just one day but i have to try for two this year.

Both my kids birthdays are in October so i'm always nervous to see what days Play Expo will be on, it doesnt clash with birthdays this year so jobs a good un.

Quite different from the older shows where you used to wear a 'badge' so people knew who you are, its just soooo huge its impossible now

mainvein

Quote from: AmigaJay on August 30, 2016, 20:37:55 PM

That would be EGX! ;-)

also revival is in wolverhampton, where would you suggest i do a big retro game sales fair in birmingham? been thinking of expanding out of leeds for a little while too

zapiy

The only place I know would be the Birmingham NIC mate, its a huge place and I would suspect not cheap to run something there.

guest6108

I should be going to Play Expo Manchester

I love going to these events to play some classic arcade from the good old days.

But mostly I like going to these expos to catch up with friends and talk about retro gaming.

Vadergb

I should be attending this year. Ive been twice in the last three years.

I normally book a family room near-ish to Manchester the night before so we have an easy drive to the event the Saturday morning. The Wife then goes shopping at the Trafford Centre which is next door to Event City with my eldest daughter and I go to Play Expo for the day with my son and youngest daughter. All good.

psj3809

Quote from: Andy G on September 10, 2016, 21:40:47 PM
I should be going to Play Expo Manchester

I love going to these events to play some classic arcade from the good old days.

But mostly I like going to these expos to catch up with friends and talk about retro gaming.

What some people did last year was to go to Play expo in the day then Arcade Club in the evening (as its not that far)

Looking forward to the show, probably wandering about tons talking to people but i need to make sure i get a fair bit of gaming in as well!