Play Expo - Manchester

Started by psj3809, August 30, 2016, 14:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psj3809

Well spent Saturday at Play Expo and had a great time. Quite gutted its all over

Huge huge place, think it was laid out really well, good spacing. Lots to see and do, my highlight was to talk to Andrew Hewson and later Kevin Toms, complete legends !

The food had changed this year and i must admit the chicken burgers were quite nice ! I wasnt drinking but there was only one small bar selling alcohol and the queues for that were massive.

Spent most of my time walking around and around and around chatting to lots of people. Very difficult to find someone though as the signal inside the place was bad (kept having to go outside to get updated messages etc) but met a lot of good retro folks from various forums.

But its an amazing event, feet were killing me when i got home ! Didnt actually buy anything but was very tempted by a few things. But yeah great to talk to Kevin Toms who also showed me his new iOS game which is coming out soon, very similar of course to his classic game Football manager.

Roll on the next event

Greyfox

Wow, sounds like an awesome event pal, I must try and make it to one of these, gas thing nobody would recognise me nor me them lol, so it would have to be a lets meet at the bar type set up lol.

How many people do you reckon were there? In numbers as it seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year?

psj3809

Unsure but there were 1000's ! Huge queue outside but to be fair it seemed to be moving well.

Like i say it was well spaced out so it wasnt a nightmare walking down the various aisles etc. Again i love the mix we have at the moment, there are smaller events which are great, also the odd big one like Play Expo. I think a lot of people went afterwards to Arcade Club (as its about 10 miles away) and apparently that place was packed out after the show.

One of my friends there has already booked his hotel for next year (as you can book the premier inn a year in advance) as they've announced the October date for 2017 so the hotels dirt cheap

TrekMD

Looks like had a good time and that the event was packed!  That's good for the organizers and should ensure another event next year.  Any pics that you can post?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

psj3809

Actually didnt take really any pics this year, in the past i've taken a fair few. Quite a few on facebook i've seen

Only picture i took was of me and Kevin Toms. Great to meet him. Roll on Blackpool next June i think it is