Nintendo Power Archive

Started by Shadowrunner, August 03, 2016, 15:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

This is pretty cool, every issue of the first 13 years of Nintendo Power magazine are now available online. You can read them all here and you can download them as a PDF too.

The only time I ever had a subscription was when they were giving away the Zelda Collection for the Gamecube as a bonus, so these will all be new to me. I have a lot of reading to do :)

Greyfox

A superb find Shadow, thanks for sharing this, although I wasn't a huge NES fan, I've discovered just how good it was in later years, also didn't help that NES was seen as an after though over here I neurone, bigger fools them ehh?

Will have a good look , cheers fella 👍

Saturn

This is outstanding, thanks a million Shadowrunner! I have most of these in original form but I'll be downloading the entire set to fill in for the ones I lost.
Excellent stuff!!

Saturn

This gets my vote for best post of 2016. (I know there's no contest, nor should be but still...) Remarkable to find this and the benefit is HUGE imho 8)

Shadowrunner

Thanks guys, happy to spread the word on such a great resource :)

Saturn

Quote from: Shadowrunner on August 04, 2016, 19:46:19 PM
Thanks guys, happy to spread the word on such a great resource :)
I'm so glad you did. I may sound a little overly excited but if I could convey how much work you saved me with that post it would be better understood. Was debating on whether or not to unstaple all my magazines to scan. Would also have had to cut down the center to make each page individual. Not only would this have ruined my originals, no guarantee the scans would've been up to spec. Also, the amount of work involved in a task of this magnitude would've been incalculable. Doing it in spare time instead of using this very rare time for something fun. Not having much spare time in the first place. Could've taken years. Or, get half way finished and be burned out, leaving the rest to possibly never getting done. Also, some of the cover pages on mine are slightly damaged. Nothing as clear as what's available on that site.
So, I'm pretty happy right about now. Hadn't started on the task yet and glad I procrastinated! 8) 8)

Shadowrunner

I can understand why you're happy, that would be a lot of work!

Saturn

I grabbed every one as pdf, except for the ones at the bottom that have no cover page. Tried downloading the torrent choice and every one of them is stuck around 99% for hours. The other choice of comic book rar seems to work fine though, resulting in a fairly large .cbr file. 8)

TrekMD

This is cool.  I was trying find a way to download them all but I can't seem to find it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

I had to click each one individually and there's several formats to download on the right of the issue's page.

TrekMD

That's what I figured.  Thanks for confirming.

Shadowrunner

Well, I hope everyone who wanted these downloaded them already. In typical Nintendo fashion they had everything taken down with a copyright claim :(  Pretty stupid if you ask me, were they going to re-release the issues themselves and charge for them? I highly doubt it, just Nintendo being overly protective again. I can understand the Metroid 2 remake being taken down but this just doesn't make sense.

Saturn

Holy cow, that's crazy!
Glad I got them all then and there. Would be mad right about now if it landed on my to-do list instead.

To Nintendo: I didn't really download them. Was just saying that to look cool on this awesome board please. Thank you ;)

TrekMD

I didn't download any issues.  Boy, Nintendo is really being quite aggressive with their IP!

Shadowrunner

Yeah I didn't get around to downloading them either. I really didn't think they would be taken down!