Howdy

Started by guest5995, July 08, 2016, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest5995

Hey guys. I'm Stevie, I've just written a piece for Retro Video Gamer and hope to contribute some more in the future. I also write for Gaming Respawn (see here if interested), though mostly about indie stuff.

I'm a big Amiga fan and still play all my old favourites via WinUAE. In fact, I've written a couple of emulation guides aimed at relative novices here and here. Not that I'm by any means an expert! And I'm slowly building up a collection of emulated Amiga intros and title music on my YouTube channel. The goal is to make them as high quality as possible.

I also like playing old PC games, usually via DOSBox or ScummVM. However, I grew up playing games on the Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and Mega Drive and would like to eventually get round to setting up emulators for all these systems (and possibly also the C64). Unfortunately I don't own any retro hardware, my bloody parents cleared it all out years ago! In fact, I had to sell my beloved and heavily upgraded A1200 about 10 years back because my parents were going to chuck it and I didn't have anywhere to store it at the time (and all the gear and myriad disk boxes). One of my biggest regrets in life :'( Perhaps one day (when I have some money!) I'll pick me up another.

Anyway, I enjoy writing about all types of games, especially rose-tinted retrospectives on classics (there are some on my blog here:)

JoeMusashi

Hi Stevie, welcome to the boards.

Just had a quick look at your blog site. I love the Another World review and its visual style layout. One of my favorite games.
Discovered it on the Amiga but played extensively on the Mega Drive.

I'll look forward to more of your contributions :^]

Take care

guest5995

Thanks. Yeah, Another World is one of my all time favourites. I've never gotten bored of watching that intro!

TrekMD

Hi Stevie and welcome to RVG! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Welcome! Nice write up on the Amiga Powerglove game :)

zapiy

Cracking intro pal, glad to have you onboard..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Hi chap, nice to have another Amiga fan around the place!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Cryptic33

Hi Stevie,

Welcome to one of the better retro gaming forums in the known universe  ;)

A writer you say, well that makes a very interesting change. I look forward to reading some of your work.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

wyldephang

Welcome Stevie! Thank you for your contributions to the retro gaming community.
- Ryan

Saturn

Hello and welcome :)