Forum Layout

Started by zapiy, June 30, 2016, 19:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Ok, serious question for all of you, please reply even if its to say your happy as it it.[/size]
So below is a question I posed to the staff recently.....
Have we confused the site when we went from a simple Retro Games board to all companies having boards or do you think the current layout works?I am currently thinking we go back to some form of basics.

Whats your thoughts on that?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

I like it as is bc everything is separate and categorized by game system/company etc. It's easier to find my way around.
The board is longer from top to bottom but 'feels' more user friendly to me.

MaximumRD

My Classic Gaming and Computing Facebook group1 https://www.facebook.com/groups/maximumrdclassic/

Retro_Raiden

I like it as is as well. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Misfit

First I was : what..
Then I was : yep, nice.
:P

AtariCrypt

Quote from: Retro_Raiden on June 30, 2016, 20:21:02 PM
I like it as is as well. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Nicely summed up.

dougtitchmarsh

Seems easier to find posts when you are looking for a specific company, as it is it works.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

JoeMusashi

The forum seems to work well as it is right now.
There are a lot of boards but the 'New Posts' tab takes care of that in terms of keeping up with current topics.
Conversely, if I wanted to start a new thread its easy to find the correct board to post in.

I'd say leave it as it is.

Saturn

I just +1ed (applauded) all posts for leaving it as is 8)

AmigaJay

Yeah seems fine as is.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

PixelTHING

It's awesome this way!

Greyfox

Yep, I'm with the crew here pal, it seems to be were it needs to be at the moment.

nosweargamer

It could use more sharks, but then again, what couldn't? ;)

But it seems to work just fine just the way it is.
If you can work most video games, you mostly likely will have no problem with the current setup.
;D

Shadowrunner

Well I'm out voted lol. If everyone else is fine with it then leave it the way it is :)

Spector

Keep things the way they are - it ain't broke I swear!
DEATH TO SUGAR