Unofficial CD32 Release - Ultimate Collection

Started by AmigaJay, June 14, 2016, 18:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

I'm looking at August now, the reasoning behind the lack of updates was i was adding a brand new chapter to the book, which needs weeks of extraction work and design layout, write up and proof reads, and also developing promotional material (including the promo video which has me green screened lol)and a website to accommodate the book which is still in production. but the book is completed now 99%, so I will be sorting out the perks and talking with printers and getting this made and in the meantime helping a few colleagues with their project on kickstarter too..

AmigaJay

Quote from: Greyfox on June 15, 2016, 12:10:29 PM
that's class fella, Dpaint..wow, Jesus that brings back memories. can't wait to see this.
lol its only a little text to start with! i wouldn't expect much! it would be nice to add a little anim for the type of disc though, again it all takes time to do, i could end up taking more time to do the 20 sec anim at the start than putting the whole disc together lol
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

AmigaJay

Great news!
I'm sure there is a big gap in the retro market for this book, everyone seems to cover the same formats speccy, c64, nes, amiga, so an arcade book i'm sure will fly on kickstarter.

As you know its all down to how well you sell it to people, but with your track record i wouldn't worry about that, i can tell with other kickstarters who has done the page layouts and books designs from a mile off and they all look great!

Can't wait for it to arrive pal!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Greyfox

thanks fella, I can't wait to reveal it properly :)

Greyfox

why don't you consider using the morph tool, I used this many times for gfx to text animations, if thew gfx are very similar, then this is a great and easy trick to execute. have a look of it here, plus a full vhs experience in video training :)

AmigaJay

Yeah i remember loving the morph tool when i first saw it, really was mind blowingely ahead of anything else at the time.
I'm using the move tool to animate the text, i might add little bits to each disc and build it up instead of making it too big and time consuming to begin with.

Greyfox

I've only copped, that I didn't post the video I was talking about lol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybIkyilCQI

AmigaJay

Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32

Ok it may not be May the 4th, but its never too late to enjoy some Star Wars action! Now CD32 owners get the chance to play these arcade ports from the 1980's!
  • Star Wars
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • Return of the Jedi
 Intro Animation

I thought i can't just include the 3 arcade games, so as a bonus to all Star Wars fans I've included all the Star Wars related Amiga Animations and Music on the same disc, that includes classic animations Amy Vs Walker, Battle Of Hoth, Last Stand Of Hoth and both Walker Demos, 21 Animations in total spanning over 55 megs of data! As well as that lot, I've included the classic demo of Star Woids the never completed PD game!
Menu Selection Screen 

As usual thanks to these guys for the WHDLoad files;
Star Wars - John Girvin / The Empire Strikes Back - Codetapper / Return of the Jedi - Bored Seal

Other credits, game controls (important info!) and cover art are included in the game download.

You can download and discuss this release HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Cheers! Enjoyed making this one, mainly because Ive been adding an intro animation for the first time and a new menu which worked out nicely too.

Greyfox

That is f*cking excellent, may the force be with you for this , you truly are a Jedi master of the cd32 :)

AmigaJay

Unofficial CD32 Release - Tennis Tossers

The first day of Wimbledon started today and another tie-in sports compilation for the CD32, this time its a collection of the finest Amiga tennis games.

Intro Animation

Six games are included on the disc, these are;
  • Super Tennis Champs (Audiogenic, 1995)
  • Mikro Mortal Tennis (Epic Marketing, 1996)
  • Tennis Cup II (Loriciel, 1992)
  • Tie Break CDTV (Starbyte, 1991)
  • Tennis Cup (Loriciel, 1989)
  • Pro Tennis Tour 2 (Ubi Soft, 1991)

Menu Selection Screen 

Many thanks for the original WHDLoad slave guys;

Mikro Mortal Tennis - Psygore
Pro Tennis Tour 2 - Psygore
Super Tennis Champs - Psygore
Tennis Cup - CFOU!
Tennis Cup II - CFOU!

Thanks to the other following people for this release;

Earok - thanks for the work on Super Tennis Champs!
JTOD - thanks as usual for the CD32Load updates!
Naruto (NU) - thanks for the tennis player sprite.
Creators of WHDLoad for allowing this great program to go freeware.
And anyone else I've missed or used their utility unknowingly on this CD.

Discuss this release HERE
Download this release HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Tennis Tossers

zapiy

This my son is an awesome release.

You are on a roll.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Haha cheers mate, hope you liked the name of the disc too!

zapiy