New Kickstarter: NES/Famicom: a visual compendium

Started by zapiy, June 11, 2016, 16:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have mentioned to both guys about them talking to each other about there books so as to limit the amount of crossover, at the moment both are being supported though so why would they but I fear in time that will not be the case.

As for the GB that may soon be coming true.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

psj3809

^Be a dream if that happens.

Known Chris for a long time so i'm happy as hell his books have been successful. Didnt buy the C64 book but love the Speccy one (physical and download) and bought a PDF of the Amiga one.

Think we're a lucky bunch at the mo with the amount of books. The other one i'm dying to have is a proper arcade one, come on Greyfox get it finished ;)

zapiy

Yeah, just find it hard work keeping up with them all lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Quote from: psj3809 on July 15, 2016, 17:23:31 PM
The other one I'm dying to have is a proper arcade one, come on Greyfox get it finished ;)

I am, I am I promise, all will be revealed in a big way very soon, I promise, It all been shifted from one page format to another which I thought was going to be easy enough, turns out it doesn't so work, work, work and more work, I've also finalised all the perks I'm planning and hoping that I've done us Arcade lovers justice!!. Plus I've help Chris on some exclusive add-on perks for that new Amiga book.

JoeMusashi

Seems like the dispute has been resolved. The project is back online and has 10 hrs left, ~£180,000, as I type this.

Good news!

Greyfox

Yep, I wonder if they were required to pay a royality or Nintendo again caught out on fair usage, as it would of been a travesty for this project to have been killed, best of luck to them, it's there biggest yet. Somebody is going to get a good holiday out of this one :)

Shadowrunner

I'm surprised they worked it out but it's great news!

TrekMD

It's cool that they did work it out.  I would have loved to have been a fly at that meeting!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Great news, Sam is the man that can at the moment. 8)

psj3809

Great news. Surely once this book is out there'll be a SNES book at some point.

The NES is one of those systems i never had as a kid but love 'discovering' their games as theres so many of them. Cant wait to get this book

Saturn

Glad it got worked out and was able to happen. Must have been some tense moments there with all the cease and desist bs from Nintendo. Looks like it was funded with overkill as well 8)
Hope it makes a fortune for this fella.