Author Topic: Jaguar Doom+  (Read 1736 times)

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
Jaguar Doom+
« on: June 05, 2016, 19:36:44 PM »
So i started on this a while back with a video on youtube. Its been re-vamped a bit and is close to completion. Needs work still but now that carl forhan has released stable networking code i think this game obviously can benefit from it. The levels are the main thing left at this point and they take a good chunk of time obviously.

Ill try to post some updates here when i get time.

For now, here is the OLDER video taken a long while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFbytXf ... be&t=1m22s

A Cart release is in the cards once its done.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar Doom+
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 21:33:23 PM »
Omg this is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 00:04:08 AM »
Excellent!  Looking forward to more of this!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 00:24:49 AM »
Very cool! :113:

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 14:49:48 PM »
Awesome stuff, looking forward to checking this out 8)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 17:43:14 PM »
Big thanks for posting this here mate. Could we get some exclusive images sometime and I'll do a nice news article for the front page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »
As soon as i get closer to having more of it done, sure.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »
Great stuff pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 01:29:55 AM »
Still sitting where it's at while we work on other projects. I thought I told you this already lol

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 02:36:31 AM »
Other projects sounds good.  :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »
@Jag_Slave @rush6432 don't keep us in suspense too long lol.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 13:40:31 PM by TrekMD »

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 15:25:06 PM »
Doom+ and Heretic are almost ready to go. But the tricky part is releasing it. Thats why it hasnt moved forward, we'd like compensation for the work but copyright etc are tricky to get passed. Doom+ is easier to get by for sure. When we figure out what to do, we'll release it. Until then, we have about a dozen other original titles to finish. Jeff just had a kid, and number two on the way. And I just got a house and got married. So life is much busier.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 16:40:38 PM »
Thanks for the update and congratulations to the two of you!  Life does have a way of getting busy.  :)

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 17:26:39 PM »
Yes, great information there and much appreciated. If it ever becomes an option to 'rent' carts of the games for a few hundred apiece with a 'return' date left open ended indefinitely, please let me know :)
Could have custom code buried in the ROM to ensure nonsharing/hacking/etc.

Anyway, cool to know these are on hold only for legal reasons and not lack of interest in finishing, which was kinda sad and depressing. :D

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 17:30:33 PM »
Doom+ and Heretic are almost ready to go. But the tricky part is releasing it. Thats why it hasnt moved forward, we'd like compensation for the work but copyright etc are tricky to get passed. Doom+ is easier to get by for sure. When we figure out what to do, we'll release it. Until then, we have about a dozen other original titles to finish. Jeff just had a kid, and number two on the way. And I just got a house and got married. So life is much busier.

Play testing and fixing little things here and there are also standing in the way and they are time consuming. Contrary to what most think, its not a direct copy/pasta job with heretic, but you're more than welcome to think so.

Doom + needs levels, thats really it. Bringing levels from free doom over isnt exactly a viable option as most exceed what the jaguar can handle. There are a hand full that can work and some larger ones with modification but it takes a bit of time.

Heretic needs a little bit of work with levels (converting contents within a few of them and fixing textures) along with play testing all exits, secret exits ect.

I work 10 hour days, sit in traffic 40 minutes both ways from work, and i have a young toddler and another on the way. Any time i get outside of work is spent with family. On the rare occasion i have time to myself, i usually spend it relaxing and not pounding away at jaguar stuff. When im in the mood, i end up digging out the jaguar projects and working on them.  There isnt a set date for release on any of this stuff. the old saying of "Its done when its done" definately applies here...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal