What happened to Heretic?

Started by zapiy, May 27, 2016, 18:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

That would be super cool..

I am sure you'll get plenty of support for this release pal.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That's cool.  It will be a modded Jag Doom but it will be a real Jaguar game.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

rush6432

Small update. I dug this out from where it was hiding and have an additional 2 levels working now. They need some optimizations but all texures are in and monsters and items. I think im up to map 6 out of a total of 9 for the shareware version of heretic.

Also went ahead and converted the ADLIB version of the soundtrack and optimized it a bit and now have tracks for the following levels.

TITLE
E1M1
E1M2
E1M3
E1M4
E1M5
E1M6
E1M9

Wont be able to get e1m7 or 8 music tracks in due to space constraints probably, but this might change if i do a massive cleanup and eliminate as much as i can that isnt need. not sure if i can come up with that much space though.

Also need to refine the music playing code so it works well and isnt spotty with looping music.

TrekMD

Very cool.  Thanks for the update!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Awesome work fella.. How long did it take you to do that?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

rush6432

Quote from: zapiy on September 10, 2016, 14:51:48 PM
Awesome work fella.. How long did it take you to do that?

Ehh not too terribly long, but the thing is that when i bring maps in from heretic they are stripped of all textures. Re-texturing the map takes some time, which fortunately i already re-textured all the maps so far. The items that were
in the map had to be set to the correct ones since i changed what some items were in the game and some when the map were brought in were not matching anything that jag doom knew.

So as it sits now, i have up to E1M6 Working (Cathedral map). Modifications will need to be made to this map as it slows down a bit initially in the first room (church area).

rush6432

Quote from: KGRAMR on September 11, 2016, 04:18:42 AM
YES!!! Rush6432 is alive, All hail Stormworks Interactive! :D

No need to hail me lol, im just doing it for fun because i enjoy it (when i have time). Hopefully the end result will be something i feel is good work and i can let others play it.