Forum Tweaks

Started by zapiy, May 26, 2016, 22:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Today and over the next few weeks i'll be working on some tweaks for the forum software, so far today I have successfully moved the profile bit area in your replies to thread over to the left as you view the screen.

Also corrected the font type which has in turn fixed some templating issues.

Hope to kill the fully appearing white background soon and a few more tweaks to make this a more enjoyable experience.

Cheers

Input welcomed.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

It is a sad fact of life that much of the work of a site Administrator goes unrecognised. However, from time to time people do make an effort to let you know that all you do is truly appreciated. I felt it was worth saying, thumbs up to you and the team.

On a side note, on your ever increasing to-do list. Is it possible to make links open in a separate tab/window as they did before? This is just a small observation/request so if it involves many hours of coding changes then I will happily live with things as they are. Thanks.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Which links in particular fella and thanks for the comments chap.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Quote from: "zapiy"Which links in particular fella and thanks for the comments chap.
Oh I thought it was generally across the board, I am not as active as I once was. However, I noticed the link in the Retro Console Encyclopedias topic. It is a good link but not to a separate tab.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Looks like that is doable and I must say that's a cracking idea.. Will get it done asap.

TrekMD

Yes, it would be great if links opened in a separate tab.  Good to see it is doable!  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Cryptic33

Quote from: "TrekMD"Yes, it would be great if links opened in a separate tab.  Good to see it is doable!  :)

TrekMD

I believe I found the setting for the links to open on a new window.  Need to test it.  One thing I can't find to fix is that the software will not embed and center videos.  If I try to center a video, only the HTML address gets centered and the video is not embedded.

zapiy

Watch this space a huge update couple be happening that irons out a load of issues in one hit.

Cryptic33

Just a reminder, you guys are awesome!

TrekMD

Zap, it doesn't look like the setting I changed about the links change the behavior regarding links as expected. Maybe there is another setting that needs to be tweaked.  

And thanks, Cryptic.

zapiy

Yes there is a huge code change for that but I am working on a plan as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zapiy

Tweaks complete lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vandro

zapiy