Play Expo Blackpool

Started by Vadergb, April 29, 2016, 23:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadergb

Any one going this weekend?

Im there this saturday, Im taking my 4 year old daughter who loves gaming but will have the backup of my wife being it town to collect just in case. My 15 year old son wanted to go to his friday night magic tournament instead.

Greyfox

You'll have a great time, I believe they put on a fabulous event , I'm hoping to go next year on both a personal and business visit

zapiy

Too far for me pal, let us know how you get on?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Yes and hope you've taken pictures to back up your visit :)

Vadergb

I took a few pictures, but I was mainly playing games. It was a great day out, nearly a 300 mile round trip but we did stay over in Blackpool to have a nice early start to the day. The bank holiday weekend is a decent time to have this type of event. I got a £40 Saturday family ticket.

The main arena was a little dark but there were so many Cabs, Computers, Consoles and Pins you would of struggled to play each one once during the 10am - 6pm opening time.

New, old, existing, competitive, standalone gaming was here. The small market hall was nice with Retro gaming, Clothing, Artwork and Sweets stalls. There was a Minecraft lan for kids which my 12yo daughter enjoyed. A Doom/RTS/Conterstrike 1.6 lan area, Current gen area with lots of PS4/XBO/PC games, Cosplay competitions, separate Tech/Retro Talking area.

Make sure you go to PlayExpo/Revival/Nerg type event if you get chance. I made sure I played some games I hadn't played before, it's a little too easy at a large event to play games you've already got at home.

It was interesting to see peoples reaction to my 4 year old girl playing PC Engine/Gamecube/WiiU games like a boss but I purposely bought her a 3ds rather than a tablet nine months ago. Shes learnt the basics from Mario and Sonic and now happily can play Minecraft/Super Smash Brothers/Luigis Mansion because of it.

Shadowrunner

Sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for the pics :)

TrekMD

Very cool!  Sounds like you had a good time.  Excellent pictures!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Nice one mate, one day I will get to that event. Looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vadergb

Nerg in Newcastle and Revival in Walsall both in July arent too far away.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

zapiy

Me and my lad may get to Revival.. will see how things go nearer the time.