A new found hobby Arcade real life postcards

Started by Greyfox, April 12, 2016, 16:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

I'd seen an image a friend of mine posted on face on the classic Outrun "Ferrari" around a quiet country road directly below and thought, that's a great take on a classic arcade game and incorporating it within a real life scenario and it seem to be a bit of an addiction now creating them, so I have a few more I'm looking at doing, it's all for a bit of Arcade Art imitating life.

[align=center:2dyle852][/align:2dyle852]

so I decided I'd do one on the classic from Sega the great "After Burner" which was first posted in my Coin Op Arcade Guide post, but I decided to give them their own thread, so I hope you all enjoy them and if you have any realistic suggestions on making some new ones, post them here.

[align=center:2dyle852]After Burner (c) Sega 1987[/align:2dyle852]

and the newly created today, a great game that I played to dead in the arcades

[align=center:2dyle852]Chase H.Q. Taito (c) 1988[/align:2dyle852]

[align=center:2dyle852]Thunder Blade Sega (c) 1987[/align:2dyle852]

[center:2dyle852]A Platform Crossover[/center:2dyle852]
[center:2dyle852][/center:2dyle852]

more to follow :)

Cryptic33

Those are very good. I particularly like the Chase HQ, that was a great game and these cards, as you put it, are a brilliant form of modern art. Very nice work Greyfox.

Hmm only suggestion that springs to mind is Mario in a warehouse maybe...
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Greyfox

Shadowrunner

Great work Greyfox! Looking forward to seeing more :)

zapiy

Cracking work pal. Really love those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

Thanks man, I'll be making more real soon, any suggestions?

Shadowrunner

Hmmm, how about Final Fight and a picture of a city street?

TrekMD

Hmm, how about a Pole Position race car on a race track?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

I will of course look into those suggestions thanks, but in the mean time, I've added another unrated classic I loved back in 1987, the wonderful Thunder Blade from Sega

Cryptic33

Thunder Blade looks good and ironically looks very similar to the "Walk in the Park" mission from Iron Soldier on the Jag. Except you are in a giant mech soldier not a chopper ;)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Greyfox

Thanks fella,

Yeah it's finding one suitable to incorporate the elements into the picture and making authentic that it's recognizable instantly to the classic game itself. But I'm looking :)

zapiy

Any new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Quote from: "zapiy"Any new ones?

Yes fella, a new entry has been added " they've come for brain!!, you'll give the bullets! "

Shadowrunner

Great combo with The Walking Dead and Doom! Very cool :113: