Author Topic: Husband Chores! (ZX Spectrum)  (Read 523 times)

guest5950

Husband Chores! (ZX Spectrum)
« on: April 02, 2016, 14:08:42 PM »
I have recently released a homebrew game on the ZX Spectrum. It is called Husband Chores.

In it, you have keep your house clean by unclogging toilets, taking out the trash, etc. You can find it here: http://sebastianmihai.com/main.php?t=130&n=ZX-Spectrum-development-Husband-Chores-in-Z80-assembly-language

Husband Chores can also be played directly in your browser via a link on the page above.

Additionally, the platform-level code I've written for it has been organized in a library called libzx which can be downloaded freely and comes with a bunch of examples to help developers make homebrew games on the ZX Spectrum! The library can be found here: http://sebastianmihai.com/main.php?t=131&n=libzx-ZX-Spectrum-game-programming-library-Z80-assembly-language

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Husband Chores! (ZX Spectrum)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 14:45:39 PM »
That my friend looks fantastic, will have a play.

Can that program be played in an emulator to create games?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 15:54:03 PM »
Looks good. Welcome to the site :)

guest5950

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 03:40:25 AM »
zapiy: Thanks, and enjoy! I've heard complaints that it's too hard, but I've witnessed co-workers play and beat it. It's definitely beatable :)
What do you mean by running the program in an emulator to create games? If you're talking about libzx, the only way to use it to make your own games is to program them from source code. Libzx is not a "game maker", but rather a collection of source code that you incorporate in your own source code to take advantage of its functionality.

Shadowrunner: Thanks!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 08:05:46 AM »
Quote from: "smccd"
zapiy: Thanks, and enjoy! I've heard complaints that it's too hard, but I've witnessed co-workers play and beat it. It's definitely beatable :)
What do you mean by running the program in an emulator to create games? If you're talking about libzx, the only way to use it to make your own games is to program them from source code. Libzx is not a "game maker", but rather a collection of source code that you incorporate in your own source code to take advantage of its functionality.

Shadowrunner: Thanks!

I will let you know my thoughts, should get a bash tomorrow.

As for my query, yes I assumed it was some form of gamemaker.. Not clever enough or at least I don't have enough spare time these days to learn lol how to stitch source code together.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 20:10:14 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk