Author Topic: Hello !  (Read 1812 times)

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
Hello !
« on: May 05, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »
Hi all. Long time retro fan, know a few names from the Retro gamer forum and also met a few people from past events.

Love a lot of retro machines, i'm an emulation fan though ! Have my own Arcade bartop which i love, also a HUGE fan of gaming on my iphone. In an ideal world i'll have tons of hardware but due to house/money/kids (mostly) and time i find gaming on my iphone great and have a fair few emulators on it (non-jailbroken) and tons of apps installed

Also love retro books/magazines, looking forward to Greyfox's arcade one which looks great

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello !
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
Your very welcome Paul to RVG, it's not as busy as RG forums, well that's a magazine forum, but for the team of people here it's quite a diverse bunch of experts from all walks of life, not insisting they are bobby know it all's like other I could mention, RVG is very much integrated with Kick starter retro related fundraisers and supporters of these wonderful folk creating a fast become library of classic gaming products and in a great many cases exclusively.

So I hope you won't be a stranger in these parts and if you need any help or have any queries, just whistle one of us will of course get back to you. And Many thanks for the support of Coin-Op book, it means a lot fella ;) Will get there don't worry!

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 13:06:35 PM »
Cheers fella. Have browsed the site for a fair while as i enjoy reading some of the articles and reviews of other games of other systems. Lots of good stuff to read here.

Also good idea about the kickstarters, seem to miss a fair few as theres quite a few around

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 13:47:36 PM »
Hello Paul/psj3809

Welcome to RVG! It's all been said but yes, some fantastic people here!

Side note: Have you tried Dragon Vale on iPad, it is very relaxing but interesting also. I will be getting an iPad in a month or so's time and that will be one of the first (free) games I get. Looking forward to your suggestions :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 17:48:25 PM by Cryptic33 »
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 14:18:47 PM »
Thanks i'll check that out. The game i'm playing a ton at the moment is 9th Dawn II. The original was a great old skool Ultima style game (More action RPG to be fair) but its a great game. The sequels much tougher but i'm loving it.

On the ipad i love having lots of my old favourites as well - Baldurs Gate and Knights of the Old Republic - love having quick access to these.

Also a brilliant app is 'Sidebooks'. I load up a lot of PDF files to my phone or ipad, theres quite a few comic book/PDf readers out there but i'm loving Sidebooks (free - 69p to unlock some more skins). Has the page turning animation, has a great looking 'bookcase'. Very impressed.

I've got 500+ games installed on my phone (128 gig) and probably have about 1200 apps in total. Got a fair few on my ipad (tend to use my phone more now as my daughters nicked and has renamed my ipad 'Peppa Pad' (peppa pig apps)

I'll waffle on more in the iOS thread. Enjoy your ipad when you get it !

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 14:25:07 PM »
Welcome to RVG!  Glad you decided to join the forum.  Feel free to look around and post on any threads of interest.  Playing through emulation is a cool thing good and practical.  Looks like you have your iPhone loaded!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 14:54:01 PM »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 19:39:13 PM »
Hello chap, thanks for taking the plunge and joining the forum.. Great to have ya.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal