RetroCollect VIDEO GAME MARKET 3 Doncaster

Started by Vadergb, March 02, 2016, 08:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadergb

RetroCollect VIDEO GAME MARKET 3 - Doncaster 5th March 2016

Ive only just found out about this but its close enough for me to drive too. Whats the prices like in peoples experience? I find traders go from the sublime to ridiculous.

zapiy

I hear it's a mixed bag to be fair. So a bit hit and miss. I guess the trick is to get there early for the bargains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vadergb

Thanks, I will gamble it with my Daughter. I'm a sucker for NES and MD Carts at the moment, Id better update my lists so I don't buy any duplicates.

stonemonkeylives

Last two have been pretty good, managed to get some good deals and lots to drool over. I shall be there again this year.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

zapiy

Hope one of you might do some coverage for us and maybe a news article?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

stonemonkeylives

Sadly, didn't  manage to get to this today :(

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Vadergb

Apart from being greeted by a huge queue it didn't take too long to get into the hall, I found the market to be decent, with prices ranging from cheap to expensive. Pretty much every system could be found from Coleco to PS2. I bought quite a few decently priced NES carts.

I always find these events interesting with the age of the person usually determining what people are looking for. It was interesting to see how DC, Gamecube and PS2 are firmly in the Retro world and how the pricing for these are beginning to rise.

I found as long as you bought multiple items traders were happy to haggle on price. Prices and condition would differ widely. The trick is to have an idea what you want and what condition your happy to get, haggle but be prepared to walk away from a deal.

I could spend all day in one of these events but my 4 year old daughter was in decent spirits and let me wander around for just over 2 hours.

Shadowrunner

stonemonkeylives

Nice, even more annoyed I missed it now [POUTING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

zapiy

Looks like you got a few bargains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk