The PC Engine 30 Years Book

Started by sunteam_paul, February 13, 2016, 12:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunteam_paul

In 2017, the PC Engine will be 30 years old. To celebrate this event, I hope to gather stories, photos and memories of the PC Engine and/or TurboGrafx-16 from the gaming community and compile them into a free book that anyone can view online or download and print.

This book will be a community project, written by us, for us to enjoy in later years.

I'm looking for virtually anything you have to say about the PC Engine/TG-16.

Here are some examples that you could consider:
When you first saw a PCE/TG.
General memories, events (serious, funny, happy or sad) concerning the PCE/TG.
Stories about the PCE/TG (real or fictional is OK!)
PCE/TG related artwork you want to share.
Photos of you, your setup or collection, you playing, or just being silly with your PCE/TG.
Comments about your favourite (or least favourite) games.
Anything else PCE/TG related that you can think of!

This isn't a book of serious reviews, but a book of personal perspectives.

Submissions don't have to be a work of writing genius! Feel free to write as though you were posting on a forum or talking to a friend. Write a full article if you wish. Whatever suits you - the main goal is to gather stories and memories, however they are presented. And if you don't feel like writing, draw something, make a model, bake a PC Engine cake and send in a photo. There are no limits!

You can send any content or enquiries to me at paul[at]pcengine.co.uk or on the PC Engine Software Bible facebook page or twitter.

Full information can be found [size=150]HERE[/size].

Here's the first sample page layout:

zapiy

How is this coming along, will have to think of something that I might be able to add.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

sunteam_paul

It's early days but I've had a few submissions. Maybe enough for a pamphlet :)

I'd love to hear views from anyone really, 30 year anniversaries only come around once.

JoeMusashi

I love the sound of this, and of your approach and concept.
I have a PC engine and a few games. It is an awesome machine.

Those contributors in your example page look a bit suspicious. I guess they're using their Sensible Soccer names? Love it!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

sunteam_paul

Quote from: zapiy on June 29, 2016, 14:40:46 PM
How is this going @sunteam_paul ?

I have a few submissions, not yet enough to make a proper book from it.

I've set the initial deadline for entries as 31st October this year so I can evaluate and see how I want to proceed.

zapiy

That's a real shame chap... I suspect getting the word out there is stumping the input??

Greyfox

Maybe we can help with this @sunteam_paul ? We have a strong arm in creating awareness for publications here at RVG, maybe knock up some book mockup with some page spread mock ups and we'll help create awareness for contributors for you?

As I love your style and execution on your work, highly polished work fella and one I would love to help out on, if I can.

zapiy

Yeah I willing to abuse Twitter got ya lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunteam_paul

Just FYI I've cancelled this project because I didn't get enough responses. But I have other things planned.

Greyfox

That truly was a dam shame mate. I'll never undrstand some folk, especially those that are supposed to be true fans, I had this with the Atari ST magazines I'd previously created, lots of people wanted it, but no one was willing to become part of its inception. So struggled on and managed to get them produced in the end.