Amigaville digital Amiga Magazine Issue 4

Started by Greyfox, February 05, 2016, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know there is a new digital magazine for Amiga fans called "Amigaville" produced by Brian Hedley and is now into it's 4th issue, covering game reviews , News, Special features and even has its own resident Grumpy Git.  It is a small magazine designed for the Amiga community and in time hopefully by the community too.

[align=center:135k08ii][/align:135k08ii]

The first 3 issues are completely free :)

[align=center:135k08ii][/align:135k08ii]

For more details head over to : http://www.amigaville.com/ for more.

zapiy

Looks absolutely awesome chap.. I will be grabbing that to show my support.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Just bought issue #4! Can't wait to go over it in-depth. I don't know much about the Amiga (sad, I know) and this series is very enlightening. Thanks for these 8)  8)

Greyfox

Glad your enjoying it and I'm sure Brian will appreciate the support, but sadly Brian has announced closure of the Amigaville magazine based on lack of expierence in design, promotion and time refrains preventing him to continue or wanting to, although he's been given great support within the community with offer on many levels, he decision has been final, and the website will remain open till the 12th of March where thereafter be closed for good.

So I want to wish Brian the very best of luck for the future and the fact he produced 4 magazine is nothing to be sniffed at, that is a massive achievement, one he should be very proud off. It's a real shame he couldn't hang in there, but people must do what they've gotta do.

In Other Amiga related news

APOV "Amiga Point Of View" magazine has started up again and will rise through the ashes, the first four issues are free and it's actually very well made magazine, you can have a look here for more information.

Saturn

Ugh, that's too bad about Amigaville. Was just getting into it.
Just downloaded all 4 APoVs. This stuff is priceless (to me) :113:

zapiy

Shame, any idea of the amount of downloads per issue?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

afaik he's sold over 60 copies of issue 4, his premature approach comparing to the free downloads was a silly assumption to make on the basis of selling issue 4, but he has decided he hasn't got the talent needs to produce such a magazine etc. Some people are up to the job, some aren't it's no-ones fault, things like this happen all the time.