Author Topic: Underappreciated Amiga Games.  (Read 7403 times)

Offline VictorLazarus

• Podcaster
    • View Profile
    • MVL GAMING Youtube Channel
Re: Underappreciated Amiga Games.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 17:28:40 PM »
I actually picked up Leander recently as 'The Legend of Galahad' on the Sega Mega Drive. Though 8' sure it looks better on Amiga.

My all time favourite Amiga game is actually a shareware title called 'Transplant' a great shooter, like Asteriouds. (I did a video on it, but don't feel I did it justice)

After that, I enjoyed Llamatron, (technically a C64 shareware port) psychedelic Robotron clone)

MVL.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 21:27:24 PM »
Great shouts @MadCommodore  @AmigaFreak77

What about this beauty?

Jetstrike.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5970

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 21:31:07 PM »
Loved this on the Amiga CD32, the soundtrack is so retro and cool 8)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 22:37:04 PM »
Wow, that looks awesome!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Back in Time Sime

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 18:25:01 PM »
I was going to say Jetstrike, thought that was brill and all the aircraft are real, so makes it even better, controls take a little getting used to... Basejumper was cool also, weird idea though :)
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 18:31:24 PM »
Ooo forgot, No Second Prize... That game blew my tiny mind...
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 21:12:50 PM »
A few good shouts there mate.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 13:16:46 PM »
Desert strike def deserves a mention. It's by far one of the better Amiga games for the system and the best port to boot. Doesn't seem to get much love either but I've been playing it for hours and its loads of fun.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 21:29:28 PM »
Desert Strike is a great port, lots of little improvements over the Megadrive game, the sound being one, the explosions are awesome!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline EchoPark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 16:22:18 PM »
Great shouts @MadCommodore  @AmigaFreak77

What about this beauty?

Jetstrike.

Now thats a game I love to play, even now! I don't get much time to play much retro these days but I hunted this one out to give it a spin yearly, along with Colonization and Base Jumpers, in which the publisher Rasputin published both Jetstrike and Base Jumpers. I only had the demo when I was a kid which was a pain in the ass but growing up had its advantages of being able to get the full game lol

Plus it has such a silly intro song.

Though I've mentioned it Base Jumpers is something I felt was underappreciated, I never saw much talk about it at all. It allowed 4 players, though it was a damn struggle to do so. I love the actual base jump at the end.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

guest6252

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 23:37:09 PM »
Does anyone remember a game called Carnage? Top Down car racing that would make you scream in frustration. although still a very good game, i can post a YouTube video but not really sure how or if you are allowed when its your own video?

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Underappreciated Amiga Games.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
Yes you can we are not worried about that stuff.

A fantastic game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DeadVoivod

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Classicamiga
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 14:39:25 PM »
Have to fully agree with Wasted Years and Perihelion, although not playing them from disks, as the swapping might get frustrating.

One of my favorite "sports" games is still Projectyle, where you hover around on some kind of discs, you have a playfield consisting of 5 different rooms, which makes the gameplay quite interesting. It's top down view. Guess some guys from Psyonix were playing this one before creating SARPBC or Rocket League ;)

Talking about underappreciated or hidden gem, Benefactor comes to my mind, liked it straight away when I played it first, great puzzle platformer with nice graphics.

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 16:09:20 PM »
Sounds like some great games.

I fondly recall the Amiga and Atari ST banter amongst my friends. Most of us had either the Atari 800XL or the C64. The Amiga and Atari computers were financially out of reach for us.

About the same time I thought of upgrading my computer, there were ads for an IBM clone that was also compatible with the Commodore 64. Thought this was the best of both worlds. Not sure it ever materialized.

Even now the Amiga line of computers seems like a great investment.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
ohh Fire & Ice, a Braybrook classic and another that is not often talked about... Just picked myself up another copy and its amazkins.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal