NES Games - To FRA or not....

Started by DrRetro, December 28, 2014, 15:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRetro

I am currently collecting UKV NES games, I have over 200 now from what I believe around 240(ish) for a full collection (Inc Codemaster bootys)

Now I thought I had a FULL list of all UKV and GBR games, then I listened to Lorfarius pod cast and heard about games that are not on my like Disney's Aladdin

The thing that confuses lots of people (inc me) is the FRA region code, everyone says it's France, but France is Pal B we are PAL A, PAL B games wont work in a un-modded UK PAL A machine, but there are FRA coded NES games that are PAL A or work in PAL A machines

I can only find Corbra Triangle on the FRA region code yet it's listed as UK release so do I have to add a FRA coded game to get the full UK games list?

Has anyone got a full UKV/GBR NES games list (I am currently using the list that Paul Hogger made in 2009 but that's not 100% correct)
Follow me on twitter @restoreretro
#1 NES Collector

Lorfarius

I've still got a full and complete NES PAL A release list from my old site if you want a copy? It's in Excel format. Drop me a pm with your email address and I'll sort it for you.  I was roughly 10 games off the complete collection and even found some games that were unknown at the time. 

Cobra Triangle wasn't a UKV release but it was GBR with code NES-CU-GBR. I wouldn't touch FRA games with a barge pole because they weren't released over here, what happened was some games were simply sold in stores to get rid of stock with the FRA code. These were compatible with PAL A systems (Zelda is another one that comes to mind as it's easy to find FRA).

I ran the only UK PAL NES website for several years and my list was more up to date than anything out there when I closed it in 2011 and since!  So the 2009 one won't be up to snuff it includes UKV/GBR/Codemasters and all accessories.

DrRetro

Thanks was hoping you would reply :)

Looking forward to updating my list now!!
Follow me on twitter @restoreretro
#1 NES Collector

zapiy

Nice one Keith can you post that list here as a sticky for everyone?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

stonemonkeylives

Is it PAL A releases or UK only games? PAL A covers the UK, Italy and Australia so the list could be larger still. Personally I aim to collect all PAL games and a couple of NTSC only RPGs like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy. Best of luck either way, sounds like you have an enviable collection as it is.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk