Atari Jaguar Soul Star download

Started by Saturn, January 09, 2016, 23:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

I uploaded images for Soul Star (corrupted version that needs a bypass cart) for a friend and decided to post them here in case anyone wants it. This is the version that's been floating around for years (and that I'd offered to burn for folks back in 2005) that I'm occasionally still receiving requests for. Anyway, the first link is a .cdi image that can be burned with the free version of DiscJuggler and following the info/settings here.
http://www.filedropper.com/soulstardemocdi

The 2nd version I made myself with ImgBurn and can be easily burned with it using the slowest possible speed.
http://www.filedropper.com/soulstardemobincue

A bypass cart is required and I haven't made it far past the computer at the end of level 1, however JagChris has a video of himself playing beyond so it's indeed possible.

[align=center:29ioes0n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4nEINvzxdI[/align:29ioes0n]

Hoping neo_rg from AA gets this finished someday and releases the full fixed version. Progress has been slow the past few years, publicly anyway, but there's always hope this will finally make it out to the world completed. :36:

Edit
The files are no longer at the links. Download the torrents below.

TrekMD

This must be the version I have on CD for the system. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Probably, and it's the DEMO version only so completely legal and all that jargon in case anyone's wondering. :113:

zapiy

Awesome, I am def getting a Jaguar CD system this year. Not sure when but when I do I will grab this so cheers.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

From what I've read, the complete Jag game has always been in the hands of a few but the original copyright holders have blocked any kind of release.

rush6432

Quote from: zapiy on January 10, 2016, 14:38:18 PM
Awesome, I am def getting a Jaguar CD system this year. Not sure when but when I do I will grab this so cheers.

Jag-CD Is a great platform. More storage, FMV if you want it, not to mention i don't have to mess with pesky .mod files for music and can use CD Audio when developing.

You can pick up a re-furbished one in almost new condition from Best electronics. You wont get a box or games or anything with it. I believe.... for $139 USD or so (prices might be up to 170 now..) much better than paying for a junked one on ebay or a way over priced one.

zapiy

That's cheap but do they send to the UK?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Quote from: KGRAMR on September 11, 2016, 14:14:33 PM
And that's the mystery,who's holding soulstar copyrights?

Not really a mystery. The original developers were Core, who then became Eidos, who are now owned by Square Enix. Why would a company as big as SE care about an unreleased port of a 20 year old game. . . now that's the mystery!

Quote from: zapiy on September 12, 2016, 18:47:12 PM
That's cheap but do they send to the UK?

That's where @Cryptic33 bought his from.

Shadowrunner

Now this I would buy in a second! @neo-rg Really hope you go ahead with it.

Shadowrunner

It's entirely possible that there is no copyright problem. It was a former member who claimed that was the case but I have no idea where he got that info from.

rush6432

This game is a slightly different situation than most because the game has been floating around for a while now. it's not like neo_rg would be letting the cat out of the bag here. I'd be interested to find out what was broken and corrupted to begin with.