New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Mortal Kombat

Started by TrekMD, January 08, 2016, 22:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The Atari 2600 has become the home for a variety of demakes and the next game to see a demake is none other than Mortal Kombat.  The game is being programmed by Atari Age member Jinroh.  Check out the video below of the game in action...

[align=center:hjqxo85f]http://youtu.be/JxXCJpu_kmk

[size=180]Development Thread[/size][/align:hjqxo85f]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Not sure of the need for this personally but then again its always good to see dev like this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

davyk

A big fan of 2600 home-brew but really , what is the point of this?

TrekMD

I guess just to say that it was done. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

I suppose to. I've bought a couple of home-brew carts - Medieval Madness for the 2600 and Pacman Collection for the 7800 - both brilliant in their own way.

The only fighting game on the 2600 that seems to have come away with any credit is Activision's Boxing - not a genre that suits the platform.

zapiy

As above, the 2600 does not seem to do fighting games that well but then again if i could code and make games like these guys and to port a game to prove it can be done I guess I would.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC