Author Topic: The Retro VGS is now the COLECO Chameleon!  (Read 11130 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Retro VGS is now the COLECO Chameleon!
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2016, 20:11:17 PM »
That a real shame..
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2016, 22:02:35 PM »
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Edit:  As you can imagine the thread on AA is blowing up right about now, but there was one bit of info I wanted to point out. This is a quote from roving reporter Carl Williams,
Over 30,000 words and nearing 140 hours spent on this saga this year alone by me personally
That was last December right after the deal with Coleco was announced. I can only imagine how much those numbers have increased since then, which leads me to ask, what the hell is wrong with this guy? Anybody spending that much time obsessing over this has some serious issues! Go find a hobby dumbass!

Yeah is a tradition with AA patrons, anything the slightest to do with Atari...be it a plastic shell and they spend their entire non working life dissecting everything about it, sad but true, ive been a member of lots of forums but id gladly never return on there!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2016, 00:57:06 AM »
This whole situation with the RVGS/CC has been on a downward spiral for some time and not because there were any malintentions but because of errors in judgement.  It is sad because this was really a cool project in concept.  All our retro consoles are pretty old and they can fail and a point will come that they can't be repaired. Something like this would allow retro gamers to play their games even if the original consoles broke down.  

No money was taken from anyone who wanted to get one of these, so that's a good thing.  Unfortunately, credibility has been lost because of all the mistakes made.  I know someone else was working on an FPGA console so maybe that one becomes a reality and it is not surrounded by all of this drama.
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline hamie96

• View Profile
    • http://www.hamie96.com
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2016, 04:58:20 AM »
Just posting on here again to say that I'm not too surprised that this turned out to be a scam. I imagine everyone here was as skeptical about this product as I was as the developer didn't really seem to have a plan for the product.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2016, 06:22:32 AM »
No offence but I don't think this was a scam, they simply were buying time by using original parts to demonstrate what they wanted to achieve. They just got caught short, if money would have been taken I know they would have produced the real deal and not legged it with peoples money.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:23 AM »

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2016, 00:46:18 AM »
Very interesting. Seemed to me like a summary of events and I know it's probably editing but MAN, that guy can talk nonstop. Sure wish the part at 20:20 would come to fruition.
Thanks for posting that TrekMD 8)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »
Guys...

We own Mike Kennedy an apology, I was real all along...yes, there has been a video posted proving the Scameleon was real!! Still in doubt? Then watch this video.

http://youtu.be/iKR1XNsHKeU

So I hope you'll all be satisfied that it was real and thanks to everybody who boo'ed this off the stage, I hope your happy with yourselves now! You ruined it for the rest of us!! Thanks !!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2016, 13:58:49 PM »
Is it just me or is it sad that someone would spend money on that..

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2016, 14:55:43 PM »
:109:

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2016, 15:19:14 PM »
Wow :-[

Offline vandro

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2016, 08:08:50 AM »
This is crazy. Did alot of people lose money on this?

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
No one lost anymore as far as I know mate. Apart from those involved I suspect and the guy that had the box made lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2016, 13:04:54 PM »
Ok, what next for this?

Your thoughts on the two questions please?

Will it ever see the light of day?

No, I think to much hurt for Mike on this one.. The guy is not scamming anyone, he made mistakes that's all but people wont let him move on from this.

Will Coleco bring out something similar?

You bet your ass they will, how can a small company that has just watched the massive fall out from this not realise the desire for such a product.. Watch this space.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2016, 14:01:00 PM »
Yeah I have to agree. Too many mistakes and nobody will buy anything with his name on it now. I would suspect his magazine will be shut down very soon too. Coleco will definitely come out with something, they've already started talking about bringing back the mini-cades which would be very cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal