New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Homebrew - Tanglewood

Started by TrekMD, November 11, 2015, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

https://youtu.be/hJgOWLuWZck

Tanglewood is a brand new and original game for the SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis, coming 2017. A true 16-bit, nostalgic platforming experience running on genuine SEGA hardware, that will make fans of SEGA's golden era feel warm and fuzzy.

Set in a fictional world, the game follows a young creature, Nymn, who finds himself separated from his pack after the sun sets. Unable to get back to the safety of his underground home, he must find a way to survive the night terrors and get to morning. Tanglewood’s world is a dangerous one after dark, and Nymn must use his skills of evasion, special abilities, traps and trickery to defeat his predators.

Tanglewood is programmed using pure 68000 assembly language, using original SEGA development tools.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

I'm quite curious about this one.  Will have to keep an eye on it for further developments.

zapiy

Looks great, one to keep an eye on thats for sure.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

This will be available to play at this years Gamescom for anyone going.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

zapiy

I have made contact with the dev and I hope to have some exclusive news soon.

TrekMD

Saturn

Great looking game. Think that could be a big hit and I for one will be in when it's released..
Lots coming in 2017 so shaping up to be an epic year for gaming 8)

zapiy

Yeah mate, looks set to be a great year for gamers.

zapiy

AmigaJay

Nice, is this a limited release does anyone know?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Saturn

Dang, this has been a long time coming! Had to re read the thread to remember details.
I'm still buying in. Can't wait for June 8)

AmigaJay

Quote from: zapiy on March 24, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
No its not, from what I can gather at least.
Ok thanks.

Im still hoping an Amiga version comes along, he did buy an A500 to try to, not sure how far he got with it, probably sorting out parts and whatever for the MD one first.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018