Dreamcast Ultimate Collectors Guide

Started by Shadowrunner, October 28, 2015, 21:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Got mine as well!  It arrived just fine.  :) 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Well I hope everybody who wanted one of these already has it, as the creators received a cease and desist from Sega! You can read about it here.

Seems odd to me that they would care about a guide made years after the console was finished, but if you have a copy of it it's now a collectible!

Saturn

What a respectful exchange. That was nice to read and props to all who were able to acquire these.
Looks like the value will skyrocket. If I had one it would go in the vault with the rest of the priceless gems but I snoozed so I losed  :10:

zapiy

Why Sega felt the need to do this, probably the lawyers rather than anyone with half a brain.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

wyldephang

Quote from: "zapiy"Why Sega felt the need to do this, probably the lawyers rather than anyone with half a brain.

Probably the same lawyers who felt it was a good idea to go after videos of Shining Force playthroughs on YouTube. Posting videos and publishing books about Sega products only generates interest in the brand.
- Ryan

TrekMD

That's incredible, particularly when you consider how small of a project this was.  Unfortunate.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...