Let's Compare - Bram Stoker's Dracula

Started by TrekMD, October 09, 2015, 00:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Here is a special Halloween Edition of Let's Compare.  To starts us off, let's look at a game that is definitely one for Halloween....Bram Stoker's Dracula. 

Bram Stoker's Dracula is a video game released for the NES/FC, SNES/SFC, Game Boy, Sega Master System, Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Game Gear, MS-DOS and Amiga games consoles. Based on the 1992 movie of the same name, each version of the game was essentially identical (except for the Sega CD, Amiga and MS-DOS versions). The Amiga version was released in 1994 for North America and Europe.  A CD-ROM version for the MS-DOS PC was released in 1995.

Each console has a different styled genre game based on the film, and just about all the videogames you play as Jonathan Harker, who is one of the main protagonists of the Dracula film, and the original novel by Bram Stoker, which the film was based on.

Source:  Wikipedia

[align=center:3m765buv]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvby27_let-s-compare-bram-stoker-s-dracula_videogames[/align:3m765buv]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

I had no idea there were so many variations or the game was on that many systems. I only played it on Sega CD (and that was enough lol) but the Master System looks like fun. The DOS one looks like a cross between Doom and... severe boredom :)

TrekMD

We have reviews for the Sega Genesis/MD and CD versions on the Halloween page.  Anyone willing to volunteer to write reviews for some of the other versions?  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

Yes i remember this shite that Psygnosis put out on the Amiga after they had been bought by Sony, along with Cliffhanger and Last Action Hero, three games that weren't even worthy of a floppy disk!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Lol Justin,

I think the GG version looks decent also but i agree Saturn that MSDOS one looks painful lol..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC