The Sega Saturn Thread

Started by TL, May 17, 2012, 17:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Cheers for that list, I would love to extend my Saturn collection into some Japanese games but the cost of some of the games is ridiculous. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Great list Ben, but there are quite a few on that list are available in PAL like Virtual Hydlide, Deep Fear and, Gun Griffon and the Darius games.

Ben

Quote from: "The Laird"Great list Ben, but there are quite a few on that list are available in PAL like Virtual Hydlide, Deep Fear and, Gun Griffon and the Darius games.
Yeah, I'm not 100% positive on which ones you guys got, so I apologize  if there are a lot of redundant titles.  I know there are still quite a few that weren't put out in the UK, particularly the fighters, though.  We barely got any games for the Saturn after 1996 in the US, unfortunately, as that list shows (and that doesn't even include my rpgs!).  I'd really appreciate it if one of you UK posters could glance through that and tell me exactly which ones were (I knew about Parodius and Deep Fear, wasn't aware you guys got Gun Griffon and Darius), given that it would help American collectors who don't know Japanese out quite a bit.

Also, zapiy, I was just lucky in that I picked most of my games up in the late 90's when prices were still low (really glad I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga when I had the chance).  Just putting this out there, I know there is a seller in the UK who still offers Saturn modchips, and given that these games are almost certainly not  going to be released if they haven't yet been...

TL

I actually have a complete PAL list on my computer somewhere, I will find it and post it.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Great video that! Always good to see more Saturn love!  :8:

zapiy

I really enjoyed that. Time for some Saturn love in my house me thinks.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

davyk

posted these in the collection thread but this is a better place for these.

The rest of my Saturn import games:

dcultrapro

Very nice mate, I love the Saturn so much, it's probably just a fraction behind the Dreamcast for me. I recently picked up the original Need For Speed, its pretty good but not without its niggles. I need to do some more Saturn delving soon as I am able to import titles now thanks to the action replay :D
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

zapiy

Quote from: "davyk"posted these in the collection thread but this is a better place for these.

The rest of my Saturn import games:

@davyk Which of your Jap games do you treasure the most fella..

Nice collection and well jell.

Ben

A bit off topic, but Metal Jesus is looking pretty good these days.  Thanks posting the video also, of course. 

TrekMD

I saw that he was at PRGE.  It would have been cool to meet him.

llayboy

Need to get an Action Replay cart for my Saturn. Only have 4 Saturn games so the collection needs to grow!

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "llayboy"Need to get an Action Replay cart for my Saturn. Only have 4 Saturn games so the collection needs to grow!

Well, that's 4 more than I have! I've been meaning to get a Saturn for a few years now but it never seems to happen. One of these days I will get serious about it and get one :)