The STAR FORCE PI - Electronic Tabletop Mini-Arcade

Started by TrekMD, October 03, 2015, 14:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Saturn

Greyfox

Pretty amazing modding there..truly breath taking

zapiy

I am gobsmacked at your talents fella.. Congrats on the baby btw.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

starforcepilot

Cheers guys, yeah it's got a real 80s tech vibe over it :) Once I made the video I'll be sure to post it together with some more pics as a seperate post!

zapiy

Are you selling any of these to collectors to help you financially mate. Really really impressive stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

starforcepilot

Not yet, but I might do at some point, lotta work and time goes into these things. Only thing I'm working towards to get produced is the STARFORCE PI, but that's certainly gonna have a solid level of quality to it :)

zapiy

I can only imaging the time and effort that goes into building those fella. Premium prices for them then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starforcepilot

You know what's the most time-consuming with these build though? Thinking and problem solving, not even the building itself. Thinking about how to make certain functions work, thinking the best way to do something, how things will fit, placement of ports and such. I think I must've spent a month on the Omega Drive control panel alone, just to make sure everything fits and had enough spacing. With the Starforce Neo I had to think of the easiest home-DIY way to make a curved bezel, and I finally made a mini vacuumforming construction to vacuumform plastic over the original monitor. That was a week right there :P But it's also the most satisfying, when that 19" monitor fit exactly into the After Burner bezel with only several mm spacing, that's very pleasing.

Anyway, I'm gonna focus back on some new features of the Starforce Pi, our engineer quit so I had to find a solution that works on my own, which is tough cuz I'm not an engineer. BUT, I did find some cheaper solutions and figured a way to link 2 Starforce Pis together for head-to-head 2player gaming, so that'll be interesting! I'm still testing though.

TrekMD

I can see that taking the most time.  These are not simple devices to make.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Very interesting details on the work. I'll bet it IS satisfying to have success after thinking ways through like that.
Stoked about info on linking 2 units too. Thanks for the insight :)

zapiy

starforcepilot

Alright guys, another small treat, check the Sega Omega Drive in action!:

https://youtu.be/mPmshntRQsw

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy