The STAR FORCE PI - Electronic Tabletop Mini-Arcade

Started by TrekMD, October 03, 2015, 14:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

Best of luck with this bad boy and a huge thanks for mentioning us on your Campaign video, it's bad enough your product is to die for, but you rock fella! kudos. Will try and raise funds to support this as I'm in the process of getting a Starwars Battlefront PS4 this week, which means I'm off the radar for a bit on backing exceptional stuff.

starforcepilot

zapiy

Thanks for saying that. Just wished we had a bigger reach to help you succeeded. Going to be a close run thing. Have you approached all the communities?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

starforcepilot

Well, I've written quite a few online tech journals and blogs, and a few other arcade forums like RLLMUK, Bartopmania, arcadeinfo, but it's difficult to engage in all of them, and engage with people on Kickstarter - there's just not enough hours in the day :D And of course if you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. And also tell yer friends! But you've already plugged us very nicely on twitter an suchs, so thanks for that :)

zapiy

No worries, one suggestion is to edit your twitter profile so you link to the KS rather than the YouTube link. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

I Have to say I am gobsmacked this has not done much better.. 15 Days left is more than enough to turn it around but I guess its spreading the word.

Greyfox

Agreed, it is shocking, people funded that in the office arcade machine thing which I thought was completely over priced and will probably end up causing more people to get into trouble or been caught gaming, when they should be working.

I've tweeted this and Facebook'ed too under the vidgameartistry Twitter page, and with all the high production values and presentation explain nation is all fantastic, I just don't understand folk, I hope this does get pushed or even better it gets outside backing. Fingers being crossed  and prays being spoken.

starforcepilot

Hey guys, cheers for the support. It's true that it's been stalling a bit on Kickstarter at the moment, and this is in part because marketing has been a bit limited. We'll try to add more content, and I'm making a magazine style press-kit this week together with a video which I hope will increase exposure a bit. Regardless, we're up to 32k and that's still pretty awesome, and it definately tells us there's a market for our little device. So even if we do not hit our funding goal, relax. Whatever the outcome of our campaign, we've done way too much work to just abandon the STARFORCE PI.

zapiy

Fantastic to here chap.. Lets see what that new push does.

Greyfox

well if there is anything we can do here, please don't hesitate to let us know.

starforcepilot

Only 3 Days Left! So with that in mind, I made a small bit of blatant advertisement for the SFP, with the SFP Backer Magazine. Check it out, it's pretty gratuitous :P -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_nF0C ... RkdEk/view

Greyfox

Brilliant stuff fella, I've created a magazine page preview out of the images you've posted (hope you don't mind) and tweeted it on my Twitter page and sent you a direct message over there to it too.

Keep it real :)

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

starforcepilot

And so we finish our Kickstarter campaign with a phenomenal 49.000 euro backing from 171 awesome individuals! Unfortunately, our funding goal of 190k was not met, so this iteration of the STARFORCE PI project is over, and we look forward to bringing a reimagined production plan to you next year! One thing is clear, there is a huge support for our little device, and with the increased visibility and international interest, from consumers and retailers, I'm sure we'll do well in a second round geared towards a smaller production volume. Check the blog for a little more information on this -> https://starforcepi.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -continue/

Thanks for your feedback and interactions here, and we'll open a new thread when we have a new plan.

Cheers!
Marcel