The STAR FORCE PI - Electronic Tabletop Mini-Arcade

Started by TrekMD, October 03, 2015, 14:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

AmigaJay

Great news! This has even more of my interest now!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

starforcepilot

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

The day is finally here! Good luck, will be watching :113:

TrekMD

Excellent!  I have the timer set on my browser.  :)

AmigaJay

Hi, am slightly disappointed the free game stretch isnt the original stretch goal, its more than twice the total needed, the original ng dev games a major selling point for me, so will wait it out if/when the needed stretch goal is reached before i put any money down.

Good luck with the campaign either way!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

starforcepilot

The free game comes from the very slight profit margin we make on the system, which means we need to clear double the amount of systems to aqcuire the licence (50k), port it to SFP GameCard, then add cases and artwork. We don't just get 200.000 euro for free, and then throw in a free game, no, we need to sell 200.000 euro worth of systems. And then cumulitively with what is left with the original funding goal, we are just about able to give everyone a free game.

This means that about 1950 people need to spend 1/3 of the original Gunlord NeoGeo AES game (600 euro) to get a full STARFORCE PI system + SFP optimized Emulation Suite on SDcard + the NGDEV game 'Gunlord' on SFP GameCard. A pretty sweet deal in general.

AmigaJay

I agree its a good deal that i will buy into as i said if/when that target gets met, i was just stating that originally it sounded last week if the original stretch goal was met everyone would get a free game that bought a system, now i could put my money in and that stretch doesnt get met then the main point selling point for me wouldnt come a reality thats all i was saying, not disregarding the maths of it all.

But again i appreciate not everyone would want to miss out for the sake of a game, just my pennies worth thats all, as i said i will keep my eye out later in the campaign.

starforcepilot

That's fair enough AmigaJay, we hope we can shoot as far as the NG:DEV-TEAM stretchgoal, because that will give this system a huge legitimacy with a killer app. We shall see, fingers crossed! :D

TrekMD