The STAR FORCE PI - Electronic Tabletop Mini-Arcade

Started by TrekMD, October 03, 2015, 14:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

Loved the website, directive and beautifully presented in its presentation, I don't think at this point there is anything stopping you reaching your goals, every step of the way so far has proven to be exceptional in all avenues.

Great stuff really :113:

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yeah thanks for the mention chap..

Are you looking at doing this before or after xmas now?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

starforcepilot

The Campaign will run from mid November until mid December, a few weeks before Christmas, and we'll start development after the holidays. First 2-4 months will be dedicated to case development and injeciton molding tools, after that we start production and then it's a question of volume, assembly and testing. But it should be fairly straightforward :)

zapiy

Ok have you considered people might hold of pledging due to XMAS?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Good point! That's a lot of money to spend right before Xmas, hate to see this fail just because of timing.

starforcepilot

My initial instinct was exactly the same. But after reading up on spending behavior of people, it seems that it dips significantly after Xmas, and only picks up again around April, May. And Christmas seems to predominantly affect sales the final few weeks leading up to the 25th, so we're taking a gamble and will run the campaign for 30 days from 15 November to roughly 13 December, giving a slight buffer between the end of the Campaign and the holidays.

I would have started the campaign earlier, but one thing that seems important after looking at failed Kickstarters is to get your production & financial plan in order before going into any campaign. And we've done that now, right down to the packaging and shipping :D

zapiy

Valid points actually fella..

Look forward to this video revealing more info.

starforcepilot

For a cool €199 (£145/$220) you're entering the Ultimate Dimension in Portable Arcade Gaming! Pretty over the top, I know, but that's how they did it in the 90s, so that's how we're doing it now :). But how do we justify this pricepoint? Check our little infographic:

TrekMD

That's a nice way to break out where the money goes for these.  And the launch date is getting closer...

zapiy

Nice work pal, makes sense to put something like that out.. Nice and easy to understand.

starforcepilot

Yeah, it's exciting and terrifying at the same time :D

TrekMD

Oh, I can certainly see how something like this would both excite you and scare you at the same time!  Here's hoping for the best!  :)

starforcepilot

Good News Everybody: NG:DEV-TEAM is on-board! This means that if we reach our stretchgoal, everyone gets a FREE GAME! We still have to negotiate which one, but all their games are winners :)

Greyfox

This is incredible news fella, simply amazing, delighted that this massive Gaming Dev is now apart of your wonderful Campaign! :113: