Sega Master System II - Advice needed

Started by guest5717, September 03, 2015, 18:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest5717

Hi all,  I hope someone here can help me out as I'm currently at a bit of a loss knowing what to do.  :(

I bought a Master System II this week but it was missing the rf switcher/connector/lead. 

I've ordered just the lead (no switcher) from amazon,  but I'm not sure what the best way to connect this to my  tv is - I'd  prefer to use composite rca connections (or scart) so that I won't need to spend hours trying in vain to tune a modern TV into a retro console, but is this even possible with the Master System II?  will I need some sort of adaptor to do this?

I'm happy to buy whatever is needed (within reason!) but I have no idea what I need to search for.   I can find plenty of adaptors to convert composite to rf  but not the other way around for some reason.

Cheers guys

DeLorean

Vadergb

The Master System 2 is Rf only, it can be modded to produce RGB, Svhs and composite. Why Sega removed RGB/Composite apart than to save money is a mystery, a bit like the nerfed Av on Pal N64's

guest5717

Aw damn, so is there really nothing else I can do?

I'm not handy with a soldering iron so I guess modding is out of the question  :(

Shadowrunner

I've never tried this but I have heard of other people doing it. If you have an old VCR around that has coaxial in, you could connect the MS to it and then hook up the VCR to your TV with Composite. It's probably a lot easier to get a good RF signal through the VCR then through a modern TV.

Otherwise I think they make RF to Composite adapters. Good luck, hope you figure something out :)

TrekMD

You can also get an RF Demodulator to break the RF signal into composite signals.  The VCR trick works the same way but, if you can't find out, then a demodulator may be the best alternative.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...