Underappreciated N64 Games.

Started by zapiy, August 31, 2015, 17:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I did see there's a PS1 version too.  That's Japanese only as well, right?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ryuhi

I see the point with branding. But thankfully games for the n64 are different from today in most cases. Back then you attempted to make a good game and then attach a license so you can sell more copies not just make any crap and put a license on it like they do in a lot of cases today.

TrekMD

Well, if the branding gets more sales, of course they'll go for it.  The issue is taking proper advantage of the brand by producing a good game. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

I've always been wary of licenced games - even way back in the early days it was never a sign of quality. The 8 bit micro days used shameful use of licences to sell any old shit.

It has always served me well thinking like that.

Garou

Perfect dark came after golden eye had some of the same multi player levels with better weapons. I don't even remember if it had a campaign mode as I only ever played versus. Great game underated I'm my opinion.

https://youtu.be/1sGrXHJg2dw

Btw I found out it does have a campaign.

Ryuhi

Perfect dark is a great shooter. I believe it was developed by Rare. I don't think Rare ever made a bad game for the n64.

davyk

Yeah - Rare were very solid on the N64 - they probably knew the hardware better than Nintendo toward the end of that gen.

Ryuhi

Yeah Conker is a great example of that. I believe it was one of the last games release here is Europe if I am not mistaken.