Author Topic: Amiga 30 and the Unkillable Machine  (Read 979 times)

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Amiga 30 and the Unkillable Machine
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
This is a pretty cool Amiga article I ran across, I thought some here might be interested.
http://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the- ... le-machine

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Amiga 30
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »
Thanks Ben.

Anything Amiga related is always ace, I loved this computer with a passion and done so much stuff on it, from graphics to music composition, to even been part of a diskzine as lead artist, so it holds lots of memories for me, not just only the games and out of this world demos. This computer is actually unkilliable. It really is.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Amiga 30 and the Unkillable Machine
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 14:13:53 PM »
Fantastic read. I really want to start bringing more Amiga content to the site. Thinking caps on lol.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline MadCommodore

• View Profile
Re: Amiga 30 and the Unkillable Machine
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
The trouble was Commodore bought the company and launched the Amiga 1000 and then when yanks didn't buy it (it took nearly a year for the UK release and 9 months for German release) so the accountants axe went a bit mad and closed down the Los Gatos site where the original hardware designers worked. So most of the staff was lost which is why the Amiga 500 and 2000 were technically no better at all despite being two years later.

This kind of set the trend for the life of Amiga sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal