What the Missus thinks of all this?

Started by Greyfox, August 20, 2015, 13:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

I thought this would be a fun topic amongst us old Skool gaming farts (well some of us) to get off their chest what their other half thought and made of all this retro gaming, collecting and general retro gaming hobby we all love and enjoy?

For me, I know she tolerates it and the retro related work I do, but I believe that's out of respect as she has no grasp of what I'm talking about half the time :36:

Shadowrunner

She didn't like it, so I got rid of her :4:

Greyfox

okay nice and sweet fella :)....anyone else?

Saturn

Ladies I've been with over the years like to play sometimes but for the most part it's been a lone obsession. I try to keep it separate for the most part nowadays since explaining my addiction and why it's so relevant/awesome just seems not understood. Even though it's difficult for me to even define.
I like having my thing, too. An escape from the stress of real life I can enjoy. Sharing that enjoyment would be nice but have yet to experience it on a level that would make it a real possibility instead of what I've accepted as a pipe dream. 8)

Greyfox

now that was a great answer!, not committing nor denying and as you put it, accepted as a pipe dream, I often looked at it myself as just that.

zapiy

Well i was into retro and modern gaming when i met my wife, it never really struck a chord with her but she used to play the odd game or two back in the day lol..

I tend to keep most of it out of sight now lol, apart from my retro books and mags that are in the living room and my arcade machine that will soon live lol..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

gregleg

My wife doesn't understand it, but she (mostly) tolerates it. Occasionally I get the "do you really need all these old games, how often do you actually play all them?" query, to which I answer "Yes, honey, I already purged my comics when we got married, so I'm keeping the games as long as I can..."

vandro

My girlfriend is a fan of the n64,  particularly  mario 64 and Zelda. Also first questioned why I bought a 2600,  however has never let it go that she beats me on frogger. Otherwise like Zap I keep it out of the way (but then my collection is alot smaller)

guest5707

Prevent her from knowing the existence of flashcarts at all costs!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Greyfox

Quote from: "Russell_Wills"Prevent her from knowing the existence of flashcarts at all costs!!!

The term "Flash" and "Cards" can only mean one thing to the average woman. "Flash" a detergent that cleans floors and "Card" translates to the use of a credit card, debt card or deck of cards :78:

Edit you said "Carts" a.k.a. A cart to bring shopping home or be attached to the rear of your car for toeing along extra dresses, shoes and makeup for when on vacation.

Saturn

Quote from: "Greyfox"Cards and flash can only mean one thing to the average woman. "Flash" a detergent that cleans floors and "Card" translates to the use of a credit card, debt card or deck of cards :109:

guest5707

Quote from: "Greyfox"
Quote from: "Russell_Wills"Prevent her from knowing the existence of flashcarts at all costs!!!

The term "Flash" and "Cards" can only mean one thing to the average woman. "Flash" a detergent that cleans floors and "Card" translates to the use of a credit card, debt card or deck of cards :78:

Edit you said "Carts" a.k.a. A cart to bring shopping home or be attached to the rear of your car for toeing along extra dresses, shoes and makeup for when on vacation.
Misogyny on a gaming forum. I cannot believe it