Sinclair ZX Spectrum VEGA Release Date confirmed.

Started by zapiy, August 17, 2015, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

FunStockRetro.co.uk confirm 24th August as Sinclair ZX Spectrum VEGA Release Date + Complete Game List

FunstockRetro.co.uk - Europe's Number One Retro Gaming Destination are proud to announce that the Sinclair ZX Spectrum VEGA will release on the 24th August 2015. It will ship with 1,000 (yes, ONE THOUSAND) built-in games and connects to your TV via simple AV cable.

Packed with 1,000 built-in games, the list includes several 'Perfect Ten' (rated by Retro Gamer Magazine) classics such as 'Knight's Lore' and 'Back To Skool' as well as hundreds upon hundreds of classics. See the full list here: ZX Spectrum VEGA game list. Any of your favourites missing? - the VEGA also supports SD cards, so you can easily add more games yourself.

About the Sinclair ZX Spectrum VEGA:

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega is a new low cost games computer based on Sir Clive's hugely successful Spectrum products of the early 1980s.

Over 1,000 built-in officially licensed ZX Spectrum games
Supported by Sir Clive Sinclair
Simple 'Plug and Play' system
Developed by former ZX Spectrum Developer, Chris Smith
Allows you to play almost any ZX Spectrum game via its micro SD Card slot. Well-known retro gaming sites carry tens of thousands of titles that you can legally download
Can play games you yourself have programmed
Improves on the original - no more waiting for a game to load via tape
Comes complete with ready-mapped buttons for all included games, as well as the option of using the in-built virtual keyboard
Connects to both your TV's USB port (for power) and its video/audio inputs (for the signal) no other cables are needed
Includes a selection of games such as classics that will keep long-term fans happy and newly-written games that will introduce a whole new generation to the wonderful world of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega
Is designed and manufactured in the UK - the home of the original ZX Spectrum revolution
Is rated by PEGI as suitable for all adults and children aged seven and upwards
SD card compatible, so if there's a specific gaming missing from this list, you can easily add it using an SD card

Where to get it
The console is available for pre-order now at: www.funstockretro.co.uk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

JoeMusashi

Quote from: "zapiy"See the full list here: ZX Spectrum VEGA game list. Any of your favourites missing?

Manic Miner
R-Type
Chase HQ
Ant Attack
Bomb Jack

The Ultimate Play the Game titles are there though so fair play (not sure about Knight's Lore though... :o)

All things considered I do hope this Vega does well, I like the thought of a new Sinclair product.
It just doesnt appeal to me as I'm not an emulation fan. Also, I dont think it offers anything that can't be done currently for free...

Then again, I dont think I'm the target market.

zapiy

I would be interested to know if all of these gave permission to be on the system.. Don't bother me either way, I was not going to get one, but as its an official product i find myself having too..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I have absolutely zero experience with a Spectrum so this is interesting to me. With 1000 games and not being very expensive it's a great deal! I might get one at some point.