New Amstrad CPC Game - Roland of Sherwood

Started by zapiy, August 11, 2015, 20:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Carnivav from the cpcwiki.eu site has another amazing looking game in development.

Here is what he has to say.

QuoteHere's a screenshot of a quick crappy lil game I've been making over the last few days as a simple test project both for myself and also for any CPC developer who wants to take a go at converting it to real CPC when I'm finished.  Basically a test project to see how this process may go before finishing and convertting Cosmic Prison Commando and RoboCop: Prime at a later date.   Also this one should have no problems being ported to a standard CPC 464 as it's relatively light on memory usage with it's small sprites and limited animation.    Basically it's an update of the Roland in Time/Space pics (using some sprite designs I did for a spacey Roland mock up last year) with his time travelling phone booth having landed in medieval england.  Same basic collect the crystal gameplay as the Time/Space games with some Dizzy-esque character interaction and item usage but smoothly done and not as insanely frustrating or difficult.

Follow this thread for more

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

always amazing at the graphical fidelity of the Amstrad in the right hands, and this is no exception, looks fantastic and has great graphics.

zapiy

Yeah i reckon i would buy these games but they are always free... :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC