Towers II - Atari Jaguar Walkthrough Guide.

Started by Saturn, July 20, 2015, 02:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

*****************************************9th Floor*****************************************
9th Floor Extreme Southeast Hallway:
Literally right out of the gate you have to mix it up with an Iron Golem. There's not much space between you and him so load up the Sword of Rust and get in a couple shots while his back is turned. There's a trigger plate on the floor about half way between you and the Golem-that when stepped on by him, opens the door at the east end. (As soon as he moves off. the door closes so) jack him up and back away until he triggers the door then hold your ground to kill him where he stands. He'll fall on top of it and the door will remain open. (Should take about 16 strikes to finish him.)
NOTE: If you kill him anywhere but on the plate, reload your last save to try again. Leaving the room/floor and returning won't bring him back alive.
-From the other side of the door head north through the narrow hallway to an unlocked wooden door. Inside, there's what appears to be a skinny green alien wearing a pink dress lol. (Marland) If you talk to him he says, "So you are what Daggan warned us about! Since you made it this far, I'd be no match for you. But I can help you! Get me the lucky eye stock from the trainer!" (Let him live for now)
(Don't worry about the East Door Leading Into the North/South Hallway at this time.)
-Equip the Holy Avenger Sword and go through the unlocked wooden door to the west. In the new hallway, head north where you'll be met by a Troll (who fights with his hands. Took 12 hits to kill him.) and a battle ready Marland (Also took 12 hits to kill) shooting out blasts of frost, (like the ones from the Ice Storm spell and Wand of Frost) both blocking your path. After dispatching them proceed forward and at the northeast corner a large, dark green floating blob with bad hair and eyes around his head will join the onslaught against you. (4 hits to kill the blob.). Shred him and go west briefly to an unlocked jail cell door on the south wall. Inside, a flying blob will attack after entering from a jail cell door and a Marland says, "My friend is held prisoner. Free him and I will help you." There's a scroll in the northeast corner that says, "Training Kennel."
-All 4 jail cell doors are unlocked. In the next room are a lot bones, feces and (I counted) 7 more flying blobs but nothing of value.
-Exit and go west. A Marland and another flying blob will attack. Take care of them, then round the northwest corner and head south briefly. An open door on the east wall leads into a maze-like hallway that ends at a locked jail cell door. 3 Trolls guard the hallway and there's a scroll near the end that says, "Treasury."
NOTE: I couldn't get this door open or find any secret passages to get in the room.
-Backtrack to the entrance and continue south where you'll encounter another Marland and a flying blob.
At the southwest corner head east briefly. There's an unlocked jail cell door on the north wall. Inside is a Marland that says, "Assassins! Assassins! Sound the Alarm!" Kill him and take the Silver Key. A scroll nearby says, "Security." There's an unlocked door on the north wall leading to a chamber with 3 Trolls (one of them took 17, another took 13 and the last one took 11 hits to kill.) The 2nd Troll dropped the Rounded Silver Key.
-Use it on the locked jail cell door at the northwest corner. Inside, is the Sword of Quickness which will increase your Damage but decrease your Defense. (I equipped it because it enables FASTER strikes) Also in here is the Crossbow of Speed & a Quiver-full.
-Exit and hit the east wall to unlock 3 jail cell doors with the Silver Key. Starting at the south door, inside is a Marland that says, "Daggan made me a prisoner, because I asked for a raise?!" (Don't waste this jabroni... yet.)
-The next cell to the north is empty.
-The north cell holds a Troll (12 hits) and has an unlocked secret door at the northwest corner. Inside the adjacent room is a ceiling chain that unlocks a secret door at the northeast corner. Through it, in the next room is a scroll that gives you the Crushing Hand spell. There's another unlocked secret door nearby at the southeast corner. In the next room are 2 apples sitting on a table and a Marland that says, "You have got to stop Daggan. If he leaves, no one will pay us! He might be in his secret office on this floor."
-Shred this lowlife then sneak through the unlocked door at the northeast corner. In the adjoining room is a Marland that says, "The light created our lives, the light created our magic. But from whose skies were the light created? That was a riddle in Daggan's dream. He thinks he found the answer." Stab him repeatedly then hit the unlocked door at the northeast corner to enter a small, empty room.
-Exit at the southeast to arrive in the hallway just north of where you originally entered this inner section. Before moving on, head south to fight some trolls and notice the locked secret door at the southwest corner. (Unlocks with the Rainbow Key that's on the 10th Floor) Move west until the map is completely visible. Along this last stretch will be another attacking Marland and flying blob for XP.
-Head all the way back to the room at the northeast corner and talk to the Marland again. He'll give you the Eye Stock, then murder him.
-Exit and head south, back to the original room at the southeast to talk to the first Marland. NOTE: The original Marland may have wandered into the hallway from the door that was left open earlier. Be sure you only attack hostiles when returning to this area so you don't accidentally kill this one. Give him the Eye Stock and he'll drop the Mirror Shield, then betray and ruthlessly slaughter his ass. (By now your character should be a Level 8 )
-Equip the shield, enter the original room and head out the East Door Leading Into the North/South Hallway. About half way up, lightning shots will come flying at you in consistent 3 or 4 second intervals. Hold up the Mirror Shield and run like hell around the perimeter. Shots come from the north, west and south walls as you're heading toward each. At the southwest corner they'll stop. Head east from here into the 10th Floor Southeast Stairway.
************************************10th/3rd/11th Floor***********************************
10th Floor Southeast Stairway
You emerge in a similar layout to the 9th Floor. (On the perimeter at the extreme southeast and only able to initially move to the east.) At the southeast corner is a door facing north. (There's a hole in the floor dead ahead that drops you in the corresponding place on the 9th Floor with the dead Iron Golem. Levitating back up isn't an option though as the hole seems to be only one sided or one way.) Go around the hole and through the unlocked wooden door and head north to another unlocked door. A Marland inside says, "Information has a price. Bring me a crystal ball." There's a chicken leg at the southwest corner.
-Another unlocked door on the west wall leads into a hallway. For the shortest path to a crystal ball, head north around a bend where there's an opening on the southeast corner of the wall. Head in and talk to a Marland that tells you, "Daggan can be found in the observatory on the last floor. You might want to enter a test in the library before going further." Kill this schmuck and grab the Beef Jerky off the table in back. On the west wall is a secret door leading to a large chamber. Head in and move south to fight 2 Marlands and a Troll. There are 2 tables at the south end. One of them holds another Sword of Quickness and the other a Crystal Ball. Make the rest of the room visible and leave the same way you entered. Go north through the unlocked door on the north wall to enter a similarly shaped room. Inside are 2 Quiver-fulls and a friendly Marland. Cut him to shreds and exit through the north open door. Head south back down the untraveled hallway where you'll fight a couple of Marlands then return to the room and give the crystal ball to the friendly Marland. (Save before attempting to give him the crystal ball. He darts around so fast you'll probably drill him with it accidentally which starts a brawl, breaks the crystal and prevents you from obtaining this less than valuable info.) He'll tell you, "The key is this floor!" Stab him for not making sense then return to the northeast corner and head west down the hallway where 2 Marlands will come out swinging.
-At the northwest corner there's an opening on the east wall. Upon entering, go east and open a secret door on the north wall of the sealed room in the northwest area. A friendly Marland inside asks, "What direction are you facing?" Gut him for being a smartass and pick up the Beef Jerky in back. There are 2 more Marlands, 2 Trolls and 2 green flying gargoyle things in here to battle, with the only other thing of interest being the Crossbow of Accuracy located in the south curve of the "S" shape at the south end. Exit and go south down the west hallway where you'll engage 4 more Marlands.
-At the southwest corner is an opening on the east wall. Just inside is a Crystal Ball. Besides a couple of Marlands to kill for XP, there's only a copper urn and feces in this room.
-Exit and head east along the hallway. Gargoyles will attack in pairs and can be defeated with 5 strikes each from the sword (or the Crushing Hand spell works really well.) Ahead, the path is blocked by 2 sets of holes in the floor, stretching all the way across the hall, with a Marland in the center firing frost shots at you. Back out of range and break out the Crossbow of Speed or Accuracy and a Quiver to send 9 shots of death his direction (can also activate the Fire Storm Spell for quick results.) Re-equip your Sword of Quickness and use Levitation to quickly pass over the first void. Now on the island where the dead Marlin is, open an unlocked secret door on the north wall. Inside is a chicken leg and a Marland that says, "I have a key to Daggan's office. It's yours for a crystal ball. After giving him one he drops the Rainbow Key. Snag it, kill the Marland and exit.
NOTE: There's a secret door on the south wall that leads to the outer perimeter very close to the stairway leading up to the 11th Floor.)
Levitate east across the other void where another pair of gargoyles will be waiting for toe tags on the other side. Further along heading up the north hallway is a Troll. Return to the entrance to make your way back down to the 9th Floor to Retrieve the Raised Bronze Key, the last one needed to enter the 3rd Floor Tests.

Retrieve the Raised Bronze Key:
-Head back to the 9th Floor by backtracking to the southeast stairway and fall through the one way hole. Navigate back to the locked secret door on the southeast wall and use the Rainbow Key. (then toss it) Inside, are 2 Trolls, a chicken leg, a bread and a cheese along with the Raised Bronze Key and 2 scrolls that say, "Those cursed marlands! I pay them well to guard these floors. I caught one stealing from my treasury, so I locked him up in one of my cells."
-And the other, "What have I started! My guards have been slaughtered by their own kind, I brought back one of the most evil mages, I have been betrayed by my own elite guards, and I have made deals with creatures that should never exist in this plane. All this violence, all this destruction, caused by me! Done in the name of knowledge, is it worth the price? Perhaps when I reach that planet, and bring back the knowledge they have to offer, I will be forgiven by the families I helped destroy."
-Exit and make your way back to the entrance of the 9th Floor to take the 3rd Floor Tests.

3rd Floor Tests:
It's a long journey back to the 3rd Floor. Using the Advancing from floor to floor: section at the top of this document-in reverse, here it is in a nutshell:
-On the 9th Floor southwest stairway enter the stairs leading down.
-On the 8th Floor at the southeast stairway, head out of the large room(s) using the hidden door at the northeast corner. Take the stairs in the northwest quarter.
-On the 7th Floor in the small sealed room at the northwest quarter, fall through the floor.
-On the 6th Floor northwest, head to the innermost stairway at the southeast quarter.
-On the 5th Floor southeast, head north to the stairway at the south end of the open room.
-In the 4th Floor water elemental chamber, take the northeast door and go back toward the stairway island, entering the teleporter in the north inlet.
-In the 3rd Floor Angled Hallway room, enter the teleporter at the southeast corner (south side of the angled hallway) to get to the Library.

Lost Key:
-While in the Library, if you haven't gotten the Rounded Bronze Key yet, take the teleporter to your immediate left (southeast corner) to materialize in the northeastern most point in the huge 3rd Floor Northwest Quarter. Head west to the west wall then south to the locked room with the thief inside. Use the Warm Iron Key to unlock the door (then toss it) and head inside to grab the Ice Storm spell and the Rounded Bronze Key. If the thief is still talking about one of his men betraying him, then both thieves have been reset and the other one is still alive. Follow Bite the Bullet above to retry then return here to proceed.

From the Library, head south down the hallway. Kill the guards and store or eat the Beef Jerky then equip the Sword of Rust. Take on the Iron Golems and grab the Sapphire Bronze Key to unlock the first door. (then drop that key)
-Use the Rounded Bronze Key on the door to the south, if you haven't already. (then drop that key)
-Use the Ruby Bronze Key on the door to the south. (then drop that key)

Ruby Bronze Door:
In this room are 4 tables with various items. The northwest table has a scroll that says, "Beyond the next door, lie the tests." The table to the southwest's scroll reads, "I use the tests for my pupil to determine their progress." The table at the southeast has an Exploding Cube and the Amulet of Protection. (Equipping the Amulet will raise your defense.) The table in the northeast corner has the Great Helm which can be equipped to the players head for a 3 point defense boost. There's also a Quiver-full.
(The teleporter at the southwest corner of the room takes you to the 3rd Floor Library.)

-Use the Raised Bronze Key on the door to the south. (then drop that key)
-In the northeast corner is the Bronze Key. Use it to unlock the 3 doors at the south end of the room then toss the key & Save. There are 3 scrolls on the floor, one in front of each newly unlocked jail cell door. The scroll at the southeast says, "Test of Magic." The scroll in the center says, "Test of Strength." The one at the southwest corner says, "Test of speed." (There's also a teleporter at the northeast corner that takes you back to the Library.)

Test of Speed: Enter the southwest teleporter to be sent to the 11th Floor Northwest Quarter where you appear at the southwest corner. Just to the north is a Long Bow. Grab it and head east to pick up the 3 Quiver-fulls on tables to the north.
-There's an unlocked jail cell door in the southeast corner. A scroll inside says, "Place prize here." A locked jail cell door is on the west wall.
-Back outside, there's a locked gold door at the northeast corner.
NOTE: This 1st part of recovering the diamond can be avoided by bringing one with you and placing it directly on the trigger plate in the southeast room.
-In the north, toward the center of the room is a narrow hallway. A flying blob will attack as you approach the entrance. A scroll inside the hall says, "Do not cross plate until prize is won!" There's a trigger plate a little further up.
-Disregard the scroll and run north to the "T" then west. A gargoyle is guarding this area and after killing him, proceed west to the dead end to pick up the diamond. Backtrack to see HUGE balls of something being fired in 3-4 second intervals up the path you came from. (The east end hallway is a dead end with nothing of value.) Head south back down the path with the balls. Break to the east and get to the east wall. Travel south, and pull the ceiling chain on your way to the room with the locked jail cell.
-Once back inside, place the diamond on the trigger plate to hear a click. The jail cell door is now unlocked. (so is the gold door to the northeast) Inside is a teleporter that puts you in the Sealed North, Center Room at the southwest corner.

Sealed North, Center Room:
Flames are shooting across the room in a staggered pattern like before and there's an apple in the center of the room. (This is easy since there's only 3 flames. Wait for them to shoot, run through and grab the apple from the other side with plenty of room to spare from getting hit by any fire. Time it out again and race back across to the teleporter at the southeast corner. The teleporter sends you to the southeast corner of this quarter near the room you placed the diamond in.
-Head north to the gold door at the northeast corner and get the Gloves of Accuracy. A trigger plate just beyond the doorway will cause lightning to shoot out of the wall (apparently, only once.) The teleporter takes you to the previously inaccessible Room at the South, Center of the 3rd Floor Southwest Quarter.

Room at the South, Center of the 3rd Floor Southwest Quarter:
On the floor is the Cap of Brilliance & a Healing Potion. A table in the northeast corner has several Black Pearls and Pearls of Power (which explode) on it. In the cubby hole at the very southwest corner is the Sphere of Annihilation spell.
-There are 2 teleporters:
✓The one at the southeast corner takes you to the 3rd Floor Library.
✓The one at the northwest corner takes you to 3rd Floor Angled Hallway & Teleporter Room, positioning you at the northwest corner.
-From the Library, make your way back down the south hall to the testing area.

Test of Strength: Enter the middle teleporter to be sent to the 11th Floor Southwest Quarter where you appear at the southwest corner. Just to the north is a scroll that says, "The use of magic is prohibited!" A Healing Potion is in the northern area of the west side. There's an entry way leading into a room at the north on the west half with a hammer that's "too heavy for you."
-Load up the Sword of Rust and head east until you reach a narrow hallway leading north.
An Iron Golem will attack so let him have it. Further north is a room with another Iron Golem. Kick his ass then look in the southwest corner for an unlocked secret door leading to an empty room. At the northwest corner are the Gloves of Strength. Equip them to your character's hand position (which will greatly increase your weight limit) then return to the entry way on the west side to pick up the Hammer of Titans.
NOTE: One of the Golems will drop the Iron Key and it may be hidden/blocked by his Mass Sword.
Once you have the Iron Key, go to the northeast corner of the quarter to unlock a jail cell door leading into the 11th Floor Southeast Quarter. (then toss the Iron Key)

11th Floor Southeast Quarter:
East, across the hall from the entry point is an unlocked jail cell door with a trigger plate directly in front of it. Inside the room on the east side is a scroll that says, "Place Mass Swords here." with another trigger plate further east. Exit this room and unequip your chainmail armor outside the door, leaving it on the floor. (Might be a good idea to drop any other heavier items like a shield, etc,.) Go back to the southeast quarter and, still wearing the Gloves of Strength, take one of the Iron Golems' swords. Bring it back to and place it on the trigger plate at the back of the room. You'll hear a click. Repeat by placing the other sword for another click. When you exit the room again the door will shut and lock. Re-equip your items and head east then south to a now unlocked door with an angry Iron Golem ready to fight. (There's a Healing Potion just south of here along the east wall.) After defeating the Golem head inside the narrow passage to an unlocked gold door. The near empty room beyond has a teleporter that takes you back to the Room at the South, Center of the 3rd Floor Southwest Quarter. Dive in the teleporter at the southeast corner to return to the Library. Then take the south hallway to return for the final test.

NOTE: Info for the Test of Magic was (with much gratitude) gathered from this thread:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226116 ... try3012770

-Test of Magic: Enter the southeast teleporter to be transported to the 11th Floor Northeast Quarter. You materialize at the southwest corner. Just to the east is a scroll that says, "To give four basic needs..."
NOTE: The tests HAVE to be done in this order and all MUST be completed using only magic (no weapons.)
Head east along the south wall to reach an area where 3 magic missiles are shooting out of walls, each in a separate direction. (it's loud too) Dodge the missiles and enter the south room. A scroll says, "Asylum."
-To beat this test you have to use the Create Wall spell to block the 3 doorways the balls are being fired in from. Once you accomplish this (if you can get past the repetitive, "You failed to cast the spell!" message) another scroll will appear that says, "Shelter completed." Exit to the east.
-From the southeast corner head north to the northeast corner to a locked gold door. From there, go due west until you reach the west wall. There'll be an unlocked door along the south wall leading into a small room. Just inside is a scroll that says, "Victuals." Go inside and use the Create Food spell (if you can get past the repetitive, "The spell backfires!" message.) Another scroll appears, "Provisions Accepted." Grab whatever food item you just created and head south to another unlocked door on the east wall of the room directly south of where you just were. A scroll inside says, "Fear moves with the current, control it and it will pass." Execute the Wind Mastery spell to see another scroll appear. It says, "The presence has left, the test is past."
-From here you can go south to finish looking around or head due east to the unlocked door across the hall. Inside, a scroll says, "Stay on the plate until the test is over!" There's a trigger plate in the north part of the hallway. Stand at the entry to the north hallway section and backup over the plate until you hear it click, then don't move. You'll be facing toward the south hall where 3 Marlands will emerge from the eerie dark of the room, one at a time, and shoot frost at you from behind a set of holes in the floor that's in front of them. Light them up with the Fire Storm spell for a fast way to kill all of them. (Don't forget to stash some food in your inventory and sleep often to keep your Mana in check.) (If you fail, a door at the east of this tiny intersection will be open unleashing a TON of gargoyles.)
-Upon passing, head back to the gold door at the northeast corner. It should now be unlocked and just inside is a scroll stating, "You have past all the tests of the mage." The room contains a Wand of Annihilation, Cloak of Mage & a teleporter that takes you to the Room at the South, Center of the 3rd Floor Southwest Quarter. Enter the teleporter at the southeast corner to return to the Library. In the Library, take the southeast teleporter to arrive in the open 3rd Floor Northwest Quarter. Go west, then south to enter the thief's chamber. Levitate up and follow the info at the top of this document under Advancing from floor to floor to return to the 10th Floor Exit.

10th Floor Exit:
NOTE: You can avoid the following by taking a shortcut to the secret door on the south wall in the south hallway where the holes are in the floor but you won't be able to acquire the sword and spell. However, taking this shortcut to the perimeter wall and running with the lightning bolts may help to get the items while taking less/no damage, then returning to the shortcut to exit via the 11th Floor stairway...)
Finally back on the 10th Floor, head north along the east hallway avoiding the hole in the floor and racing forward to minimize damage from the lightning shots, then west at the northeast corner. Another hole is near the corner just to the west with a friendly Marland milling about nearby. He asks,"What's up!" Shiv him prison style-then after sidestepping the pitfall, look for a hole in the ceiling. Here, you can levitate up into a previously inaccessible room on the 11th Floor Northeast. Inside is a scroll that gives you the Shield of Force spell. Exit and continue west sidestepping another hole near the northwest corner.
-Run south down the west hallway, still taking hits from lightning, and quickly round the southwest corner where the lightning stops. (There's no holes in the floor to dodge along the path so Potion of Speed works wonders here.)
-Head east along the south perimeter to fight a Troll in the first of two back to back floor holes. Look for a hole in the ceiling between the 2 floor holes and levitate up to acquire the Sword of Luck. (Equipping it to replace the Sword of Speed increases your Attack by 2.) Exit and skate past the other floor hole to reach the stairway leading up to the 11th Floor Sealed Southeast Passage.

11th Floor Sealed Southeast Passage:
There's nothing secret or of interest in this small passage so head east to the other stairway leading up to the 12th Floor Southeast Stairway.
**********************************12th Floor****************************************
12th Floor Southeast Stairway:
Upon exiting the stairs, Marlands immediately attack! 2 of them will unleash Frost shots before you can blink. (If you run between them to the north wall, one can inadvertently assist in killing the other.)
-Make your way west where eventually the hallway opens into a large room with a giant "N" and an arrow pointing north. A pair of gargoyles will come flying at you near the entrance. 2-5 strikes each from your Sword of Luck will do the job. To the north are 8 more gargoyles (4 along the west wall & 4 along the east wall), a hostile Marland and 8 ceiling chains in the same layout as the gargoyles. (Approach each gargoyle individually until it's actively pursuing you, then back away from the others that are still 'sleeping' for a more fair fight.) There's a locked blue door in the center of the north wall.
NOTE: There are no items or scrolls in this area and the ceiling chains are suspended in mid air as there's no ceiling/roof here lol.)
-Pull the following 3 chains to unlock the blue door. The 1st one is at the northwest corner. The 2nd one is at the northeast corner and the 3rd is the last one at the southeast. Head through the door into a massive room. A trigger plate is just beyond that closes it (still unlocked and accessible) and a Mage of the Council is fast approaching from further north. (He doesn't leave bleached bones and a search of his remains proved futile.)
NOTE: There's nothing of value out in the open in this entire room.
-Go west then south and at the south wall is an unlocked blue door. Inside on a table is a chicken leg, a bread and an apple. At the west end is a Wand of Magic Missiles and an Exploding Cube. At the center of the south wall are 4 scrolls that all say, "Astral Navigation..." A 5th scroll at the east end says the same thing.
-Backtrack to the blue door where you fought the mage and continue heading east slightly, then south along the 'inner' hallway which brings you to 2 unlocked blue doors at the south end. The one at the southeast leads to a room containing only a Healing Potion. The other one enters into an empty room that has an unlocked secret door at the southeast corner. In the adjoining room is a Healing Potion, Wand of Lightning, Wand of Fire and a ceiling chain.
-Pull the chain and return to the entrance, then head north along the outer east wall. After fighting a few more gargoyles head west from the northeast corner to find an unlocked blue door leading to a large chamber.
-As soon as you enter, a trigger plate closes the door (still accessible) and 5 Mages of the Council attack simultaneously, as well as some dirty old man wearing a soiled night gown sporting yellow sleeves and a crescent moon on his chest. Break out the wands and spells to survive this brutally violent attack until it's just you and the geezer. Hit him enough times and he runs to a large, brightly lit snowglobe at the center of the north wall and disappears, leaving behind a Cloak of Protection. There is a ceiling chain on both sides of the snowglobe.
-Pull them and drop everything on the floor except the Mace of Elements. (If anything is still in your possession a message appears saying, "Only the mace and you allowed!") While holding the mace, stand directly in front of the globe and hit the action button. As you lose the ability to pause the game, a message appears saying, "You feel a pull as you touch the crystal with the mace. Where are you going? How will you return? What has Daggan done!"
-A still pic of (apparently) where you emerge on another planet, fills the screen for a few seconds. Then another message appears:
"Congratulations! You have defeated Daggan, and saved Lamini..."
*roll credits*

zapiy

Once you have finished this i am going to get the game and follow the guide. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Saturn

From my best guess, the missing spell should be somewhere between the Levitate Up and Aura of Death spells on the 6th Floor (see spoiler) and probably have something to do with Lightning since you can get a Lightning Wand. But that's only if it follows in order of missing places in your spell scroll and/or the game is following some kind of order (which it seems to be.)

[spoiler]
*****************************************6th Floor*****************************************
6th Floor Southeast Area:
You emerge from a stairway near the southeast corner in this huge open floor. Many skeletons and zombies will attack immediately. There's another stairway at the extreme southeast that leads up to the 7th Floor Southeast Quarter (see below) and a scroll along the path that gives you the Levitate Up spell.
-From this stairway, go west into the room connected to the south wall. It has broken wooden doors at the east & west ends (and is supposed to contain another bag for 8 more item slots but I didn't find it and don't know how to make it appear.) Inside are a couple of broken arrows, a chain mail (that's too heavy for you), a hole in the floor and a scroll that says, "It is my regret to say that our destruction is imminent. Twelve of our men moved huge boulders to block our entrance. Soon after, an explosion threw small bits of stone into the room. The cries of agony and a hideous laughter was all that I could hear. Saris then walked in, or what was left of him. Jaret looked confused as he stood toe to toe with his dead brother. This proved costly as Jaret went up in flames." The hole in the floor drops you into an otherwise unreachable tiny room on the 5th Floor.
-Inside is a zombie, broken axe head, bones and the Boots of Traction. Equip them and levitate back up.
(A stairway at the northeast corner takes you up to the 7th Floor Northeast, placing you at the corresponding corner.)
-At the northwest corner is a skeleton carrying the Ruby Bronze Key. Also in this area is the Crystal of Vaul, and (up to) 3 sets of Bleached Bones. On a table is the Resurrection Potion.
NOTE: There is only one Resurrection Potion and it doesn't run out.
-On another table is a scroll that reads, "I am the last to survive. I am just a scribe with no training in fighting or magic. This tower is now littered with creatures that were once human, that I once called friends. Now I must fight to survive, I only hope this old rusty sword I found helps. I found a strange crystal. When I looked into it, I saw Daggan. I tried to call him, but it was to no avail. But by touching the crystal, I did learn something disturbing. We were sent to destroy Daggan. From touching his mind, I have learned that he is not evil at all! Only misunderstood. Let us hope that he can withstand all the occurrences and remain sane."
-Pour the Resurrection Potion on one of the Bleached Bones to turn it into a dimly shaded ghostly figure of a person. Talk to it and it'll tell you, "I am alive! I am the scribe for the council, and I do not know how to thank you! All I have is this rusty sword to give so please take it!" Add the Sword of Rust to your inventory so you can kill the Iron Golems later (sometimes it's not visible as it appears behind the figure) and go over to the other Bleached Bones and repeat. One of them will turn into a skeleton and attack. Make quick work of it and move on to the last set of bones. This ghostly figure will say, "I am Ector, third sage of the council. That potion was never meant for us. But, at least we are alive!"
-Head due south into a small room with more bones, a shovel and pick axe. On 2 of the tables are Healing Potions. There's one set of Bleached Bones that will turn into a zombie.
-Head down to the south side of the inaccessible room in the southwest quarter to pick up the Wand of Lightning. While here, some skull faced candy-ass with an upside down yellow star on his blue smock w/ pink sleeves will attack lol. He's shooting flames at you and seems overly pissed off. (Sage of the Council) Waste him (about 5 hits for this flamboyant wizard wannabe) whose death creates a set of Bleached Bones. You can't pick these up and when you try, a message appears saying, "The bleached bones don't budge!"
-Next, pour the Resurrection Potion on them. He'll become a ghostly figure and tell you, "I am Gual, ninth sage of the council. Salvon is afraid that many will come to defeat him, so he destroyed these floors and littered them with pits. He would never expect a single person to try to engage him!"
-The "C" shaped partial room at the south, slightly west of center contains an Exploding Cube and there's a hidden hole in the floor at the northwest corner. This drops you into an otherwise inaccessible room on the 5th Floor with nothing inside except a zombie.
-There's another stairway at the southwest corner leading up to the 7th Floor Southwest Quarter but to complete a loop of this floor, I'm making my way to the stairway at the extreme southeast that leads up to the 7th Floor Southeast Quarter.
*****************************************7th Floor*****************************************
7th Floor Southeast Quarter:
Upon arrival, travel west along the outer hallway starting in the southeast corner. Kill the skeleton then make your way north along the west side. At the northwest corner, heading east, you'll encounter another Knight of the Council. Should take about 8 hits to off him. Use the Resurrection Potion and he'll tell you, "I am Hawkin, fourth knight of the council. Anyone that Salvon brings back, gains a part of Salvon's memories. We know how to destroy him!"
-Just over half way down this east/west running hallway is an unlocked secret door on the north wall leading into another east/west running hallway. Open it and continue east to the northwest corner where another unlocked secret door leads into the same place. Open it and head south down the east corridor and make your way into the spiraling interior just north of the stairway that brought you here.
-Around the first turn is a Cloak of Protection in an inlet on the east wall. By now you'll probably be attacked by a skeleton and Sage of the Council. Stab them to death with your trusty Sharp Sword and pour the Resurrection Potion to have him tell you, "I am Garlot, fifth sage of the council. Only the pure of heart can return from the dead. I have served my faith well. Thank you for your help."
-Proceeding north around the bend, then east you'll find an unlocked secret door near the end on the south wall. This is apparently the only way into the sealed room at the end of the path, of which there are 3 zombies and nothing else.
-Around the bend and heading south will be another zombie. Take his afterlife and roll on to the end to unlock the area on your map-but there's nothing else of interest to be had.
-Return to the secret door(s) you opened on the outer north wall. Entering the one at the northeast corner and traversing west will cause you to fall in a hidden hole in the floor landing in the 6th Floor East Diamond Shaped Room-South Half. (see below)

Continue After the Fall:
-Avoid the hole if returning by taking the secret door path to the west. Make your way west down the hall to the dead end. Here, an unlocked secret door opens into the 7th Floor Small Center Room.

7th Floor Small Center Room:
-Inside are a zombie, Healing Potion, Exploding Cube and unlocked secret doors on each of the walls opening paths to the other 3 quarters. (see below)
NOTE TO SELF: I'm leaving a list of items in here to free up some inventory slots: 2 Levitation Potions, Bloodstone, Battle Axe, Stone of Health, Quiver-full, Gold Key, Cold Iron Key, Black Pearl and Wand of Fire.
ADDITIONAL NOTE TO SELF: After saving, powering off the Jag and continuing, everything is gone lol. Don't do this :p

7th Floor Southwest Quarter:
Take the door into the southwest quarter where nearby, at the northeast corner is a hole in the floor. After killing the zombie and grabbing the Levitation Potion along the short path, fall in to land inside the 6th Floor Large Christmas Tree Shaped, Center Room. (see below)
-There's a stairway at the southwest corner leading to same place on the 6th Floor.

7th Floor Southwest Quarter Fire Hell:
Now back in the original area, head to the southwest area of this section. A large room will become visible and has a secret door at the southern most point. Inside, is a Knight of the Council that when killed/resurrected says, "I am Gawain, sixth knight of the council. Be wary of the flames. Through heat, is light and your destiny."
-Further in is a scroll that says, "Welcome to the bowels of hell."
-There are 4 holes in the floor leading to the otherwise inaccessible 6th Floor Southwest Concealed Room. (see below)
(A stairway at the southwest corner leads to the corresponding place on the 6th Floor)

7th Floor 2 Sword Pieces:
Now you have 2 of 3 parts to rebuild the sword. Finish checking this quarter by moving south to the south wall. From there head east into the large rooms to finish opening them on your map or go back to the center square of the floor and make your way into the 7th Floor Northwest Quarter.

7th Floor Northwest Quarter:
Circle the area to make it visible on the map then head into one of the south broken doors leading into the large center room. 2 skeletons, zombies and a Sage of the Council will attack. Resurrect the sage to be told, "I am Gareth, fourth sage of the council. Saris, Jaret, and Salvon are on the next floor. Take great caution!"
-In the east half is a scroll that gives you the Heal spell. There's a hole in the floor nearby that drops down into the open 6th Floor, if needed. Nothing else happening here at the moment so head over to the 7th Floor Northeast Quarter for the last part of the sword.

7th Floor Northeast Quarter:
From the entrance look east to see a Sharp Sword conspicuously lying on the floor. Head north around the outside perimeter then into the center part to open it up on the map.
(There's a stairway in the northeast corner that leads to the 5th Floor.)
-Along the way you'll fight some skeletons, zombies and a Knight of the Council. His message is, "I am Orkney, eighth knight of the council. The holy sword has broken into three, you must repair it!"
-Go south to the wall and travel east until you fall into a hidden hole in the floor. This will drop you into the 6th Floor East Diamond Shaped Room-North Half. (see below)

6th Floor East Diamond Shaped Room-South Half:
After unceremoniously busting your ass and landing in here, take out the Knight of the Council who's meandering about. He'll turn into Bleached Bones and drop a body armor that's too heavy for you to pick up. Douse him with the Resurrection Potion to hear him say, "I am Mordred, seventh knight of the council. Salvon tried to break out of the magical field. As a result, he ripped open a hole of raw energy in the south-west wall, one floor down."
-The Golden Guard is at the southern point, 1 of 3 pieces of a sword. Add it to your inventory and stand facing the candle on the wall to levitate back up via potion or spell. see Continue After the Fall above to proceed.

6th Floor Large Christmas Tree Shaped, Center Room:
NOTE: This room has locked doors at the north and south ends that cannot be unlocked... ever. A skeleton and Sage of the Council attack ferociously. Tear them a new one and pour Resurrection Potion on the Bleached Bones to be told, "I am Niniane, the seventh sage of the council. Bring me a black pearl, bloodstone and a diamond, so I can help you defeat Salvon." When you give him all 3 he says, "Here is what I promised." A scroll appears that gives you the Aura of Death spell.
-Levitate back up and see 7th Floor Southwest Quarter Fire Hell above to proceed.
[/spoiler]

I don't know but I've used many hours wandering around trying things and looking for anything that might be a clue. And to no avail.

Shadowrunner

Looks like you made it Saturn, good job figuring everything out! Like you said, there were no guides or walkthroughs anywhere for this game so this should help a lot of people. Definitely deserves it's own page here on the site for all to see, should bring in some extra traffic :)

Saturn

Hi! You're welcome Shadowrunner 8)

Thanks for the props!

TrekMD

Very cool!  Congratulations!  Now we need to make this a more formal guide.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Nice one fella..

You want to do that Trek or you want me to work on the page.. create a pdf for download from the page we create also.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

TrekMD

zapiy

Ok i will make a start next week. Away this weekend. :113:

TrekMD

Great, thanks.  I'm just a tad bit busy right now.

zapiy

Its ok pal.. looking forward to working some magic with this.

TrekMD

zapiy

Ok started working on the page..

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?page=towers2

can you review what i have done so far.. and comment where its best to add your images you added in that zip file..

I will add those and some colour and some graphics to spice it up.. Once we are happy with the page i will add the zip you created and create a pdf so people have a choice of what to download.

Wallop