Towers II - Atari Jaguar Walkthrough Guide.

Started by Saturn, July 20, 2015, 02:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Wow, that looks great!

Just reading quickly, looks like the italics code is visible on the page instead of adding emphasis to the word(s).
[i]only[/i] Can those be embedded/activated or should they be deleted? I don't know much about that or how it works but the italics may not be absolutely needed, so if all else fails I would just ditch them.

I never set it up to test what it would look like but my idea for adding maps would be just under the 'place holders' with the following:
Quote*****************************************1st Floor*****************************************
insert "level 01" map here1st Floor Entrance Room:
(NOTE: The gold door dir......

Quote*****************************************2nd Floor*****************************************
insert "level 02" map here2nd Floor Chain Room: (north westernmost vertical room)
Right when you emerge.......

etc,. but when you get to a place holder with multiple floors listed, ie;
Quote**************************************3rd/4th Floors**************************************
insert "level 03" map here3rd Floor Northeast:
As soon as you arrive at the northeast...
I would put level 03 map there and put level 04 map where level 04 'begins' in the text:
Quote4th Floor Northeast Quarter
insert "level 04" map hereNorth Main Room:
NOTE: This is the 'main room' in......

Quote*****************************************5th Floor*****************************************
insert "level 05" map here5th Floor/Undead Level:
You emerge from the stairway....

Quote*****************************************6th Floor*****************************************
insert "level 06" map here6th Floor Southeast Area:
You emerge from a stairway....

Quote*****************************************7th Floor*****************************************
insert "level 07" map here7th Floor Southeast Quarter:
Upon arrival, travel west....

Quote*****************************************8th Floor*****************************************
insert "level 08" map here8th Floor Northwest Stairway:
When you emerge, make....

Quote*****************************************9th Floor*****************************************
insert "level 09" map here9th Floor Extreme Southeast Hallway:
Literally right out of the gate....

On the 10th, 3rd and 11th Floor one I planned to put the 10th floor map just under the place holder, exclude adding another 3rd floor map (would just scroll back up to see it if needed) and add the 11th floor map right before the Test of Speed, where the floor is first accessed (but really need opinion on this map location!):
Quote-Use the Raised Bronze Key on the door to the south. (then drop that key)
-In the northeast corner is the Bronze Key. Use it to unlock the 3 doors at the south end of the room then toss the key & Save. There are 3 scrolls on the floor, one in front of each newly unlocked jail cell door. The scroll at the southeast says, "Test of Magic." The scroll in the center says, "Test of Strength." The one at the southwest corner says, "Test of speed." (There's also a teleporter at the northeast corner that takes you back to the Library.)
insert "level 11" map hereTest of Speed: Enter the southwest teleporter....
May be placed too early as the player isn't even aware he'll be entering this new floor. Then again, might be an intimidating sight to have a new map shoved in my face and realization that after everything so far, it's about to get worse lol. Would be fitting for what lies ahead though. 8)

Quote**********************************12th Floor****************************************
insert "level 12" map here12th Floor Southeast Stairway:
Upon exiting the stairs....

But again, I never was able to test how it would look but shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't think. There is a possibility that the maps would be too big. They were screenshots from a VC500 that I quickly reduced to a 'reasonable' size using Irfanview.

zapiy

Great stuff pal. I will make the above amendments and post here when done.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

That is looking phenomenal!!

Edit: A whopping 20 pages long, too 8)

Shadowrunner

That looks awesome! Really great job guys :113:

zapiy

@Greyfox any chance of a little banner for the page please bud?

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Cheers pal, will get a bit more done next week.. :113:

Amended the first post to link to the guide.

Saturn

@zapiy  great stuff! Too much fun watching this unfold :113:

TrekMD

I'm going to make this into a PDF also, particularly now that the page is up with everything together.  :) 

Saturn

TrekMD

This one will take longer to make, though.  Lots more to this one!  :)

Shadowrunner

Looking forward to it. One of these days I'm going to play this game again and I will be using this :)

zapiy

TrekMD

OK!  Took me a while but I finally was able to complete this!  The guide has now been converted into a PDF file for all to enjoy!  You can download the file here:  Towers II Guide