Laserball 2015 + upcoming boxed release for ATARI ST

Started by simoncam, July 14, 2015, 14:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPC_GAMES

WOW !!! Looks good and very challenging. I like it !

Pete  :4:

simoncam

Oh it is chalanging! It will crack your mind! I promis you! ;)
Atari Crypt wrote in a review: ,,One of my favourite games and also something that tests your intelligence in such a way that will push you to the very boundaries of your mind's logic-calculating ability!"
Watch the youtube chanel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-8N2A ... d_pLFjGvg0

simoncam

No more 3D Renderings!
It is happening!
The first series of ATARI ST Floppys for "Laserball" - copied and labelled.
Next Tuesday 28th July I will head for Germany and have them tested in a real ATARI ST, as I do not have a real system here any more.
Next I am expecting Boxes - I will keep you posted.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Had an update email from Simoncam

QuoteHi to all Laserball Box pre-orderes!

This is my second info mail!

Yesterday I was in Germany and tested the first Floppies in a real ATARI ST FM. It worked!

It was fun to see Laserball running on a real machine.

Still for me there is the one down side of the game: the performance in certain levels. While most of the levels play perfectly fine, for the massive big levels the original speed of the ST is a bit to low... or better speaking: my skills as a programmer are too weak to get the necessary performance out of the machine. Shame on me! ;)

So if you ever like to kick in with the big massive levels, you may think of playing them in an emulator set to 16 mhz – for smoother fun. Or using a Falcon? – should also do it, if you have one. J

Some additional (surprise) material is already back from printing

Floppies tested and labeled.

Expecting printed boxes this week

Manual has to go for another review round before printing.

I expect it ready to send in Mid to end of August.

All the Best,

Thomas

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

simoncam

:) Boxes are here!
And they look beautiful! The last piece missing in the puzzle is the manual... it will take some more time. I will keep you updated!

Greyfox

Looks like a true and true professional job Thomas, congratulations on getting this far and hopefully it finds it home with many people  :113:

zapiy

zapiy

Latest update.

QuoteHi to all Laserball Box pre-orderes!

This is my fourth info mail!

And it is the definitive one!

It is all here! And I am filling the Boxes! All together the production costs stayed below my initial rough calculation. So the final price for the box will be € 32.- + shippment

See what you will get here:
http://www.hd-videofilm.com/laserball/b ... eport.html (colour of the Floppy may vary on different floppy brands)

So if you like what you see, you can now place your final order and send the payment.

Most convenient should be a PAYPAL transfer. Please do send the PAYPAL transfer to http://www.hd-videofilm.com/laserball/l ... dition.php

+++ ORDER HERE +++

Please keep in mind that this is a hobbyist project. Everything is done by hand and there is no automated ordering system in the background... so please be patient.

READY TO SEND!

simoncam

:) Thanks for posting! Additional Info:
I have a pre-order from an ATARI ST Fan from France. Unfortunately the provided E-Mail address seems to be wrong. All mails come back to me with an Error Message. Of course, I don't want to publish any name. So IF you read this here, and you are from France, and you have pre-ordered Laserball and never got any feedback... and maybe your name starts with M. D.: Please get in contact with me, to fix the E-Mail problem.

zapiy

Greyfox

Yes this is a great video and something of a special issue of the show  :67:

Keeping the scene alive once more!!

zapiy

zapiy

simoncam

I have plenty left: I have reordered Boxes, and have 10 Boxes ready immediatly. Overall I have 25 Boxes here but will need to get more floppys to fill them. :)