Gaming addict fined for drugging girlfriend

Started by TrekMD, July 09, 2015, 23:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

OK, this gamer has some issues...

[align=center:2qoh17fg][/align:2qoh17fg]

SOME gamers will go to great lengths to have just one more hour with their console, but one youngster has admitted to drugging his girlfriend so he could keep playing.

A 23-year-old German gaming addict has been fined after he slipped his girlfriend a sedative, The Local reports.
Unsurprisingly, the two are no longer together.  The court in the eastern German town of Caxtrop-Rauxel heard the man was playing on his games console with a friend when his girlfriend returned from work about 10pm in August last year. After a 10-hour shift, she had been planning to unwind with some peace and quiet, but her partner had other ideas, preferring the racket of video games and gunfire.

So he sedated her.  "I only put four or five drops into her tea," he told the court.

But the 24-year-old woman remained knocked out until noon the following day, and the effects of the drugs kept her nodding off through the day.  She told the court the man confessed to her what he had done and she added he had been on drugs at the time, which eventually caused their breakup in the following days.  WHAT DO YOU THINK? Tell us below.  The judge ordered the man to pay a $746 fine.

"Your girlfriend slept long and deeply, which didn't harm her, but this is certainly a premeditated bodily harm," the judge said.  The ex-boyfriend admitted "it was stupid" but said he was now "on a straight path" after staying off drugs for 10 months, and was soon to start an apprenticeship.

Source:  News.com.au

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah, that's pretty sad. . .  but still kinda funny :21:

WiggyDiggyPoo

vandro

Wow! I wonder what game was worth all the trouble.

Cryptic33

Date rape without the sex. Still very worrying that anyone would think it is ok to drug another person. The game is irrelevant really because this was a serious crime against the person. But, as usual, the press need a handle and hence we are talking about it here. Vandro touches on a point about what game was he playing? Again very worrying because when this sort of event is published it is all too easy to focus on peripheral events rather than the abuse. To only be fined, seems to me to lessen the serious nature of the crime. Next thing you know we'll hear about individuals running around shooting people or strapping bombs to themselves. Oh, we have that already...
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC