Author Topic: Amiga Laserdisc Software Corner  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Deckard

• View Profile
Amiga Laserdisc Software Corner
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »
I have the Laserdisc games for the Amiga: Thayers Quest and Dragons Lair but I have never managed to get them
working as previously I had a CDTV Amiga which i found out was not compatible.
Anyone manage to get that set up working?

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Amiga Laserdisc Software Corner
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:55 AM »
Not familiar with this either..
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Deckard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »
Software Corner was a German company that released two laserdisc games, DL and Thayers Quest.
They came with a control cable and a floppy disk software. The Thayer's Quest disc is exactly the same as a
the Halcyon version and Software Corner actually advertised the unreleased Halcyon games as "coming soon"
It is compatible with certain laserdisc players from early 90s and early models of the Amiga 500.
I have tested the floppy on my CDTV and it still works however it turns out the CDTV is not compatible.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 18:24:48 PM »
Thats pretty cool that was possible to hook up and do! is the Dragons Lair disc marked up being compatible for the CDTV, do you have pics?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline Deckard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 09:58:22 AM »
The software should load on most Amigas but the connector cable synch will work with unmodified Amiga 500s only:

As you can see they were preparing to release all the Halcyon games too!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 22:37:00 PM »
That is just so bloody cool.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 23:05:17 PM »
Yeah, thanks for posting the pics, i guess its just controller software to run the disc, would u use the laserdisc remote or cdtv pad?
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline Deckard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 00:15:25 AM »
No probs, with dragons lair the game is controlled with a joystick and with thayers quest it is keyboard and joystick.
It is most definately cool, I was mesmorised by the laserdisc games as a kid!
When i had my amiga back in the day I had no idea about these laserdisc kits but i had some of the Readysoft ports
Space Ace, Dragons Lair 2 and Guy Spy but no one I knew seemed to enjoy them but me!
I dont own an amiga 500 hundred at the moment but I do have a compatible laserdisc player, if i were to buy an a500 it would be purely to use these discs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal