Computec Video Game System

Started by TrekMD, June 10, 2015, 01:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:3m902pbn]

Has anyone ever seen clone of the Atari 2600?  This is the Computec Video Game System!  Here is the information I was able to find:

Short description

The Video Game System from Computec is an unusual clone of Atari 2600 console. It was produced in Taiwan and kept in a light beige tone. On the top right, the modular bay is (in the original consoles always centered), left of the logo, including two buttons "Game Select" and "rest". Links on the side, the two controller ports are used, and two switches for "Game Difficulty", each for players A and B. Rear are the on / off switch, Tape In and Out, TV, 9 V power input and Color / BW switches. With the connections to the clone differs fundamentally from the original Atari console that has no tape jacks - these had with Starpath be retrofitted, an extension that is very rare, and there were anyway only 10 games released on cassette.

Additional Details

Manufacturer: Computec
Type / model: Video Game System, code 776988
Release: 1985

[/align:3m902pbn]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

At first i thought that was one ugly system, its now grown on me lol.. I think i have seen one before but a long time ago.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I kinda like the design, even it is a bit plain. 

vandro

I'm too much in love with the 2600 junior design to consider others!

TrekMD

I'm also a fan of the 2600 Jr design.  That's the unit I have now.  Now, this particular Computec design is too rare to simply own to play.

Cryptic33

Well, like Trek, I was thinking hmm, but then I very quickly thought hang on lets get some perspective on this. I mean, at the time of building this would have been a terrific console and those joysticks are the sexiest I've ever seen. So, yes, the console is not very aesthetic but the bevel edged joysticks most certainly are. As clones go, overall, I think that has to be one of the best 2600 wannabes there is 8)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks