Nintendo Celebrates 30 Years of Super Mario Brothers!

Started by TrekMD, June 05, 2015, 22:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Seems rather incredible but come this fall, it will be 30 years since Nintendo released Super Mario Brothers for the NES!  So, to get the celebration started, Nintendo has released a video looking at Mario and his adventures.  Check it out:

[align=center:3sl26atr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6nwyka03Pk[/align:3sl26atr]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah, I feel old! First game I ever finished and still one of my favourites :)

TrekMD

Time just flies.  Every time I see one of these 3-decade celebrations for something I grew up with my jaw drops. 

TrekMD

[align=center:2y5xrrsj][size=120]The celebration starts today, folks!  September 13, 1985 is the date in which Super Mario Brothers was first released and  today marks 30 years of that event!  Be sure to go to the official celebration page linked below...
[/size]

[size=180]Super Mario Bros 30th Anniversary[/size][/align:2y5xrrsj]

wyldephang

Last night I purchased Super Mario Maker. So far, I've been liking it a lot. You can create levels modeled after Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World (SNES), and New Super Mario Bros. U. It's possible to post your creations online for the Nintendo Wii U community to download and try. I've seen some truly sinister levels that require pixel-perfect jumps.  :21:
- Ryan

Shadowrunner

Cool, I need to pick up Super Mario Maker myself. Looks like a lot of fun :)