New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Ms. Pac-Man Twin

Started by TrekMD, May 14, 2015, 04:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Bob DeCrescenzo (PacManPlus) continues to fascinate with his work on 7800 homebrew titles and his next title is Ms. Pac-Man Twin!  The game is still in development but below you'll find a video of the game in action as it is so far.  The game is an adaptation of an arcade port where there are two Ms. Pac-Man characters in the maze, each eating their own set of dots.  Apparently, this game was created as a one-off and only one machine was made available by Susilu.

[align=center:24ekragh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rZW_0t5Wzs&feature=youtu.be[/align:24ekragh]

[align=center:24ekragh]Game development is being discussed here:
[size=140]How to Create Custom 7800 Pacman Hacks![/size][/align:24ekragh]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Papa

That game looks great.  I like that it's so exclusive and yet Bob brings it home!!
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

TrekMD

Bob has posted an update for the game:

Ha!

This is pretty cool!    Next WIP:

- There are one player and two player options.  The one player option plays against the 'computer' :D
- The monsters go after the closest player.  If one player is not alive they automatically go after the other only.
- When you die, you start off exactly where you died (in fact you never leave the screen until you lose all lives).  This is good; when you are dying, the monsters go after the other player so it should give you enough time when you start again.  (If not, oh well) :evil:
- First person to clear the maze ends it for the other player as well.

This is kind of fun and where it will stay, until we get the actual rules from the real game.  Of course if there are any bugs, please let me know.
However I do need to adjust the HSC values, change the select screen, and change the Logo on the splash screen.

Have fun!
Bob

Binaries can be found here:  How to Create Custom 7800 Pacman Hacks!

TrekMD

Hopefully the information from MAME for the arcade version becomes available soon.  I'm fine with you working on Defender now.  :) 

TrekMD

Here are a couple more updates merged into one:

-I also did one thing for the 'single player' option:  I noticed that the 'computer player' dies very quickly.  So, I changed it so the computer opponent doesn't die completely until you do. i.e. as long as you have lives left, the computer opponent will also.
- Changed HSC value, it now has it's own.
- Changed LOGO!!!!
- Remove 'computer' lives counter when playing one player

Download Binaries here:  Development Thread

sloan

Looks cool, but would have to be a two-player only title. Problematic if you are the only classic gamer in your house.

TrekMD

It does have a one-player mode as well where the other Ms. Pac-Man moves about automatically.  The AI for that has been improved.

sloan

So it is on permanent hold for VCS. MAME only at this point?

TrekMD

You mean, for the 7800?  It is on hold until all the game rules become available.  Since it was a limited release, I guess we have to hope those rules become available.  Bob can clarify.  I don't want to be misinforming.  :)