Classic Game Fest

Started by TrekMD, May 10, 2015, 17:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

That cart had another game too. I'm hoping it gets released soon because that Xevious version is superb!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Cool! Who's developing it?

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Cool! Who's developing it?

I believe his forum name is Shamus. 

Greyfox

Ahh those photo were just brilliant! Looks to have been a cracking event!!. Great to see Derek at the event. The book looked great in his hands, hopefully he sold a good few of them. Thanks for taking the photos Trek.  :113:

TrekMD

Glad you liked them.  Derek only had two copies of the book with him. He said he's in the process of moving so he didn't take any to sell to the event. 

zapiy

Awesome pics Eugenio. That Atari Age booth looks awesome. Albert does indeed do a great job. Would love to do something like that RVG one day.

Nice to see you caught up with Howard. Really nice guy, good networking lol. Did you mention the podcast? 

Great to see Derek in the flesh with the book also. And we need more info in that Jag game.

Great stuff fella.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Thanks zap.  It's funny about Howard.  I was sitting in the plane to get to Austin and when I look up, there's Howard boarding the plane.  I get to the hotel to check in, and there's Howard behind me.  So, we got to talk a bit.  :)

Atarius Maximus

I love the pictures, TrekMD.   It's really cool that you got some extra time to talk to HSW (and got a pic with him), I'm envious. :)  Al does a great job, and he spent a considerable amount of extra time for me working out the details to get the audio mixed properly from the Atari console itself and the AtariVox for Dungeon Stalker, just so the audio would only come from the Commodore 1702 monitor's speaker.  I'm not sure how he finds the time to do everything that he does.

TrekMD

I know what you mean!  Al really kills it with this setup.  It was cool to finally meet him in person too.  :)

TrekMD

Albert has posted a very nice album of pictures from the event:  Classic Game Fest 2015.  The event is already scheduled for the last weekend in July next year and they are expanding the space for it.  That's good because it got really tight with the crowd at the event this year! 

zapiy

That's a awesome collect of pics, really impressive AA setup in its own right.. well done Albert..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

The organizers of the event have posted a video recapping the event...

[align=center:1hkh83z3]http://youtu.be/yjF-R0dPrB0[/align:1hkh83z3]

Shadowrunner

Great video, looks like it was a lot of fun :)