Author Topic: Sega Will Not Have Its Own Booth At E3 2015  (Read 796 times)

Offline Ben

• View Profile
Sega Will Not Have Its Own Booth At E3 2015
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -2015.aspx

I'd say it's the end of an era, but there isn't much of the old Sega left at this point, anyway.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello There
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
Wow, this really is now the writing on the wall for Sega as the giant it once was, in fact other than total war, I have heard nothing else coming from them at least for next gen platforms, sure I didn't even know that there was a rumour of a Shenmue announcement?. What the hell happened? Alien isolation was brilliant? What's wrong with people?. Sega as with a lot of people will be forever remain in people's hearts for the wonders they brought to the arcades and the home, I just really feel they've been cheated to end up like this, the same with Capcom :( even with some of there games been terrible.

No E3 means no present games in production to warrant a showcase or any new annocements or the money to afford a stall at E3, very sad times for a company that was there forging the way games and ideas long before the COD generation give up on story narratives and new concepts in game design for a multi-player death match. Something I personally do not want to be a part off! , a load of shite the way the games industry has turned out to be in my opinion , EA and UbiSoft should count themselves extremely lucky to have pap that everyone buys year after year.

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
Re: Sega Will Not Have Its Own Booth At E3 2015
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 14:50:51 PM »
It's not that big a deal, Konami hardly has a presence at shows either these days. Thing is it's very difficult to get good floor space at E3 and costs millions year after year to keep going. They said ages ago they are moving away from console games and into mobile so makes perfect sense to save the market budget for something better than E3.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sega Will Not Have Its Own Booth At E3 2015
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 14:57:24 PM »
I was reading about this the other day, and honestly I don't think it's a big deal. The current Sega just isn't big enough to warrant the time and money involved in having their own booth. My opinion of Sega changes often, but at this point in time I like what I see. The 3D remakes on the 3DS have been amazing, and have been receiving rave reviews. Hopefully they see this as a sign and bring back more old IP's.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal