Old Magazines

Started by obriethe1st, April 03, 2015, 22:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obriethe1st

While pondering on ebay the other day i decided to have a look at what old computing/games magazines were on there,and was blown away when i noticed the 1st gaming magazine i ever purchased as a kid.A 1986 copy of atari user in pristine condition and was overcome with nostalgia and thought what the hell  :111: ...roll on today and i realised it's a sodding bank holiday.So im know feeling like a kid at christmas counting down the days until i can rip the wrapping off.
Ah well happy easter all.

Shadowrunner

Yeah I miss the old magazines too. I used to have a big collection of them but sadly I got rid of them years ago :)

obriethe1st

Yeah same here shadow i had 3 wardrobes full of mags from the mid 80s through until 95 ish until my mother made me bin them.Looking on ebay for how much it would cost to buy back all of them was an eye opener,damn my mother  :20:
Im totally looking forward to seeing how much of my memories of those days are actually real and what rose tinted specs have embellished them to be.

zapiy

Yeah i used to have a vast collection of old mags but sadly with a garage conversion at home currently being done i had to get rid of more or less all of them.. I did create a few posts in the local rags to offer them to people free but sadly no one wanted them.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

obriethe1st

Shame you dont live near me zapiy i would have most definitly taken a few of them off your hands,anyway they arrived sometime in the last 3 hours(does anybody have a postie who calls in the morning anymore?) so im looking forward to having a good look through them tonight.

guest5488

I own a magazine its in my attic

zapiy

Quote from: "obriethe1st"Shame you dont live near me zapiy i would have most definitly taken a few of them off your hands,anyway they arrived sometime in the last 3 hours(does anybody have a postie who calls in the morning anymore?) so im looking forward to having a good look through them tonight.

Yeah i was gutted but needs must at that time i am afraid lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC