The Video Game Archeologist

Started by TrekMD, February 15, 2015, 23:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VgaTV

Hey just to let everyone know, just did a major update to the site.  63 new scans are now up.

TrekMD

Cool, are they from different systems or any one system in particular?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

VgaTV

I uploaded

12 Atari 2600
1 Atari 7800
9 Intellivison
39 NES
1 Odyssey II
1 SNES

I have another 250 manuals sitting on my desk waiting to be scanned in.  Just bought a high speed scanner so hopefully this will go much quicker.  Then I have to buy more!

TrekMD

Cool.  That's really great.  Sometimes I need a manual when I write game reviews and they are not easy to find online.  So, now I can look in your site to see if you have them scanned.  :)

zapiy

Why don't you open the site for submissions?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Good idea, and much cheaper than buying all the manuals!

VgaTV

Zapiy, that's a great question.  The reason I haven't opened it up to submissions is because this site is that is has allowed me to start collecting again even though I can't afford the games anymore due to the fact they have gotten crazy expensive.  I travel for work so I'm able to visit lots of smaller independent game shops looking for manuals, and it just brings back the memories of digging through Goodwill bins and flea markets, and knowing that I need more manuals for the site pushes me. 

zapiy

That's actually a good point I guess. Keeps the drive there I suspect.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Got my shipment notification from Amazon!  I should have the book in the next day or so...

zapiy

Look forward to your review lol.

VgaTV

Hey everyone, can't remember if I shared this link with y'all or not.  I recently updated my manual scan archive and now have 519 scans to view.  I've taken a visual approach to the site, so instead of text links there are manual covers to click on, and all of the manuals are viewable in browser.  There are manuals ranging from 2600 up through the 16-Bit era, with over a hundred Japanese manuals.  Check it out and let me know what y'all think!

http://www.TheVgaTV.com

Shadowrunner

Looks good, and coming along nicley. Keep it up :113: